H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda doesn’t offer the front A-arm bushings so the cost of the 4 A-arms is going to piss some customers off. The 4 A-arms cost $940.00 Some of the dealers are not going to look for Aftermarket bushings. I don’t ride in deep water or mud so the factory bushings will last at least 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I just ordered the bushing kit from Super ATV. They have the OEM type and another type that are much easier to install.

A arm
SuperATVBushings
SuperATVOEMBushings

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Honda doesn’t offer the front A-arm bushings so the cost of the 4 A-arms is going to piss some customers off. The 4 A-arms cost $940.00 Some of the dealers are not going to look for Aftermarket bushings. I don’t ride in deep water or mud so the factory bushings will last at least 25,000 to 30,000 miles. I just ordered the bushing kit from Super ATV. They have the OEM type and another type that are much easier to install.

View attachment 344780View attachment 344781View attachment 344782
Are yours worn out ? If not , why did you order them ? If so , how many miles did it take you to wear them out ?

H

HondaTech

View attachment 344780View attachment 344781View attachment 344782

The "other" type are garbage.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
how many miles did it take you to wear them out ?
🤣 he has way over 10k miles on his rig. Might be at 14k if I'm correct. I think these are his first set

Reactions: Smitty335
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
🤣 he has way over 10k miles on his rig. Might be at 14k if I'm correct. I think these are his first set
Try over 32K miles!!!...

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Try over 32K miles!!!...

Ahhh sh!t.!! I was WAAAAAAAAY OFF!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 2022 Talon doesn't have enough improvements so I bought the Pioneer 520 for our 50 inch trails. It could take another 3 years for major improvements. Yamaha may have their new much improved YXZ out in a year or two. Can-Am may have their DCT model out for 2023. I wouldn't buy it after they screwed my buddy and the same for Polaris. I had to have 3 of them so I would have something to drive. Polaris is really good if you get a new one every 3,000 miles.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm over 33,000 miles. The right side is still ok. The left side upper bushings were worn out. The lower not as bad, just some very slight play so it was time to change them too. They are a PITA to change. Getting the retainer ring out is difficult and pressing the bearing out is best done on a press. I tore out the boot to see the retaining ring better. I modified a Harbor Freight ball joint tool to fit without damaging the boot. The OEM type looks to be a much better bushing but the other bushings will be very easy to change when they wear out. Honda would not cover the repair with my extended warranty. I never get the extended warranty but I knew I would be putting lots of miles on my Talons. I may have 50,000 miles on this one in another year and keep it for a spare. My 2020 Talon may take another 3 years to get some high mileage on it and hopefully Honda will have some major improvements by then.

20220728 110830
20220728 110836
20220728 110847
20220728 135611

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I tore my front end down as there was a lot of squeaking. I took both A-arms off. The lower one is slightly loose and squeaking, upper is tight and good to go. I'm at 4,000+ Miles, but ride a lot of bumpy stuff way too fast. How did you like the SuperATV bushings? Looks like that is the only real option.

My lower shock bushing is also sloppy, going with OEM on that. Ball joints are "ok" but have a lot of play compared to the new ones. I'm going to replace the ball joints as I have it torn down already. Odd to see the ball joint in the knuckle doesn't have a snap ring to hold it in.

Reactions: Blownzuki
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The aftermarket bushings lasted about 5,000 miles. I still have some and they are easy to install so I will use them up then install the OEM bushings from Super ATV. A couple of the guys said they wouldn't last. I didn't know the OEM bushings from Super ATV come with the install and removal tool.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thank Bob. Good to know the "easy" ones to replace lasted 5K. I'm guessing in the crap I ride in I might get 2K out of them. I'll look at both options on SuperATV and go from there.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also, I called SuperDaves, and he has no plans to make a-arm bushings for the Talon yet. Obviously the stock ones last a long time, unlike some other machines, so he feels the set up isn't worth the sales potential. I can't blame him.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
The aftermarket bushings lasted about 5,000 miles. I still have some and they are easy to install so I will use them up then install the OEM bushings from Super ATV. A couple of the guys said they wouldn't last. I didn't know the OEM bushings from Super ATV come with the install and removal tool.
I looked on Super ATV's website. It appears that tool is only available if you buy their a-arms! But another manufacture appears to be making them too.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I looked on Super ATV's website. It appears that tool is only available if you buy their a-arms! But another manufacture appears to be making them too.
I have the SuperAtv bushings and tool. The tool did come with the aarms when I purchased them. Depending on how expensive the actual tool is to purchase, I would be willing to ship my tool back and forth between us all if that would work? I am ordering another set of the factory style bushings this week.

J

Jhall728

Jan 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thank Bob. Good to know the "easy" ones to replace lasted 5K. I'm guessing in the crap I ride in I might get 2K out of them. I'll look at both options on SuperATV and go from there.
I ran 2 sets of the UHMW super atv bushings. Both sets lasted 300 miles, I wouldnt even waste your time. Some of the bushings came sloppy out of the package. The OEM style are much better, on my second set of those as well. 5th set of a arm bushings in 6200 miles. OEM lasted the longest.

Reactions: TripleB and PhilCod
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I ran 2 sets of the UHMW super atv bushings. Both sets lasted 300 miles, I wouldnt even waste your time. Some of the bushings came sloppy out of the package. The OEM style are much better, on my second set of those as well. 5th set of a arm bushings in 6200 miles. OEM lasted the longest.
Your in PA, so we ride in the same conditions. Good input. Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!