P1000m5 A-arm guards for arched a-arms

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone make a-arm guards that actually protect the CV boots from from sticks and branches? I have a set of Ricochet a-arm guards on my stock a-arms because I have to traverse over fallen trees, sticks and branches in the deer woods and the biggest issue is CV boot punctures.

I want to remove my suspension lift and get a set of arched arms but I don’t want to leave my boots exposed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does anyone make a-arm guards that actually protect the CV boots from from sticks and branches? I have a set of Ricochet a-arm guards on my stock a-arms because I have to traverse over fallen trees, sticks and branches in the deer woods and the biggest issue is CV boot punctures.

I want to remove my suspension lift and get a set of arched arms but I don’t want to leave my boots exposed

Been there done that, got tired of cleaning debris out of the A arm guards that kept crap pilled up and rubbing the boots.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been there done that, got tired of cleaning debris out of the A arm guards that kept crap pilled up and rubbing the boots.
👆 What he said

I have seen from many riders on here say the same. I wanted some for mine and just listened to everyone else and decided against it.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

I'd skip them. They do make nice shovels on a muddy trail as demonstrated by my buddy here:

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the guards on stock arms, front and back for nearly 4 yrs. I do NOT 'mud ride' per say, but naturally when on trails there are always some mudholes. I have not notice the guards being any huge problem. Sure there is some mud in them, just as there is some mud all over everything, include skidplate. I have had one problem with a boot, which appeared more to be a defective boot rather than stick damage. There was one crack about 1/2" long, that looked to have been cut with a razor blade. As for mud gathered in the guard, they are the least of problems to clean, as compared to other spots, esp the skid plate.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Hit up @knuckledeep he made me some about 3 yrs ago. I still use them mainly for the reasons you do in the woods while hunting. I personally haven't had any real bad issues with mud caking in them. Nothin that a hillbilly car wash cant fix ;)
82C7CA24 4519 4338 9A5D 0A5068BC2E90
834894EB 7815 4CC4 9002 6E0E330618D3

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hit up @knuckledeep he made me some about 3 yrs ago. I still use them mainly for the reasons you do in the woods while hunting. I personally haven't had any real bad issues with mud caking in them. Nothin that a hillbilly car wash cant fix ;)
View attachment 287152View attachment 287153

Thanks, Rem. I don’t do any mud riding and the mud holes that I have on the property never get dug out to the point that mud caking in the guards has ever been a PIA but I have had sticks tear CV boots on a few different occasions so I like to have as much protection as possible. Worst case scenario, I keep my Ricochet guards, cut some notches out and try to press brake them to match the bends in the arched a-arms. I have enough friends that are fabricators that I could stop by with a case of beer and get creative

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had several CV boot failures with a-arm guards (at least 5 or 6) but I have not torn a boot since switching to Superatv arms and leaving the guards off. I'm happier without them

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had several CV boot failures with a-arm guards (at least 5 or 6) but I have not torn a boot since switching to Superatv arms and leaving the guards off. I'm happier without them
^^^^^This^^^^^

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Do you run over a bunch of fallen trees, branches and sticks in the woods

Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hahahaha…. I just cringe every time I have to get off of my trails and get into the nasty stuff. I hate having to fix busted boots

I haven't had those issues, I am running the arched A arms with 30 inch tires and after market shocks though?

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had those issues, I am running the arched A arms with 30 inch tires and after market shocks though?

Yeah, I wanted to save some money so I went with a Highlifter lift kit and 28’s but it stiffened the ride considerably over rougher terrain and I don’t like the idea of changing the suspension geometry so that’s why I’m considering switching to the arched a-arms and removing the lift

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah, I wanted to save some money so I went with a Highlifter lift kit and 28’s but it stiffened the ride considerably over rougher terrain and I don’t like the idea of changing the suspension geometry so that’s why I’m considering switching to the arched a-arms and removing the lift

Good idea, lift's mess things up. You have after market shocks?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!