BOX1

About feed up with Honda Dealers!

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
As a person who has run Honda's for the last 42 years, and always had outstanding results from them....I am going to bring this subject out and see if anyone else is at the point of considering buying other makes??

What I am talking about is the I don't give a dam attitude of the dealers about the Pioneer. I have been shopping for one for the last 4 months, in that time I have meet with several dealerships and they all seem to not care if they are competitive...BECAUSE of the lagging shortage of Pioneers on the market. TWO have outright lied to me, giving me a price and then trying to tack on 400 to 800 in charges...It was clear both times I was asking for out the door price. I pride myself in being a man of my word...and will refuse to deal ever again with those dealerships. I am in the unique situation that I don't need any financing, and will pay cash...I have come to the conclusion by a comment made by one of the sales persons that they really want people to finance rather then buy out right...I am sure they make more off of the sale then. I was told by one dealer who I may still buy a UTV off of, that the Honda Rep told him when he complained about the availability of the Pioneer that he should charge shipping, he would sell fewer but make more!!!

If Corporate Honda is limiting production to keep prices up, I believe that they find that they may well have bought into a plan that is going to come back to haunt them down the road! !

I am on the verge of switching from Honda to Kaw!! My children and I presently own 7 different machines that have Honda on them,,,, But if I don't see some change in attitude they will be the last!!

Sorry to sound so negative, but I think the Honda attitude is down right rude!

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
I got excellent service, even after the sale.

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
They are all getting like that, sign of the times unless there is a surplus they don't want to dicker. May be the profit margins aren't what they used to be either. You even have to ask to get it full of gas!

You have the money, pay the little extra and join us, were having a ball on these things!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Longbeards,
I know, it sucks many dealers are asking MSRP + $600 "i need more profit fee"

But I agree the dealers should be able to do it in a respectful manor in stead of leading you on just to tack the 600 on at the end.

With the 15's hitting in Q3 along with the 500 it would be good business to slow down on the 700's in anticipation of 500 sales.

Tell us where you are from and maybe someone knows a dealer within a decent drive that will work some with you.

Reactions: Clutchburner
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has gotten to the point all dealers are doing that bought a truck in December, 7 days they kept trying to add money or wouldn't meet my price. Finally Dec31 an hour after they normally closed they call me and tell me they can meet my price.

Apparently they needed to make a sales quota for the year.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine from niehaus in litchfield, IL. They wouldn't dicker much on price but treated my wife and I like gold. Threw in a free soft top and 15% on all accessories for 2 years. I will definitely buy from them again.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Don't expect to get a deal on 2016 p1000 until the 2017 p1000 starts showing up. I could have saved $1000 on my p500 if i would have waited 1 year. Glad I didn't,having too much fun!

Reactions: moparornocar
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda of cool springs in franklin tn worked out great for me. They aren't in love with them they know p1k are there to sell. Even better if you pay cash and refuse to pay destination and paperwork fees. They also gave an extra 10% on accessories

Reactions: lowduck
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my p500....
in New Mexico. ...dealer
Gave me $8450...out the door
plus installed winch for no charge

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I bought mine from pioneer equipment in Winchester TN and got an amazing deal!! I did not pay MSRP or even close even with the roof and windshield installed. They didn't charge the installation costs for the accessories either.

You may not live close enough to use them but this is a small town dealership and they treat people right. They know if they don't word of mouth around here will kill their business!

Reactions: 500oneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!