P1000 Above windshield power source

R

Ranger620vs

Feb 24, 2019
Cottage Grove MN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looking to add a power source up by the top of my windshield under the roof. To run my backup camera and my iPad I use for trail maps.

Need some ideas.
I do have the oem glass windshield and oem top.
Not sure if going to add windshield wiper or the roof mount led bar. So other options would be nice for power.

Thanks

Reactions: BWAF
G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've got a '19 w/ the glass windshield and wiper setup. If I wanted to get power up there, I'd bet the cheapest way to do it for ipad/camera might be to buy a 12v socket extension. Should be under $20, undo the actual male end, go directly to battery or build in a relay under the dash. Remember to add a fuse if you're taking the male end apart! Having this type of setup, you could have a 12v outlet up there, and plugin basically whatever you want in the future. Should be real easy to ziptie or hook n' loop wrap up there pretty well. I'm currently doing something similar for a fridge in the rear.

Dave aka Ghan

R

Ranger620vs

Feb 24, 2019
Cottage Grove MN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Added a 2nd battery and a terminal block. I have power now ran to where I want it.

I now need a switched common power source. I purchased a dual battery gage and it needs a switched common to work. Where is a good plac

G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Black and white wire on bottom of fuse block, close to main feed is the 15a accessory wire that honda taps into for switched power for the wiper and more.

Just pop it out of its two clips on the left side and it should come out real easy!

If you haven't tried them, i highly recommend Posi-tap connectors!

Dave aka Ghan

R

Ranger620vs

Feb 24, 2019
Cottage Grove MN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Black and white wire on bottom of fuse block, close to main feed is the 15a accessory wire that honda taps into for switched power for the wiper and more.

Just pop it out of its two clips on the left side and it should come out real easy!

If you haven't tried them, i highly recommend Posi-tap connectors!

Dave aka Ghan
That is 12v positive I need 12v negative for the tester to turn off or I need to hook the monitor leads to a different spot. They are on either side of my true isolation relay for the dual batteries

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That is 12v positive I need 12v negative for the tester to turn off or I need to hook the monitor leads to a different spot. They are on either side of my true isolation relay for the dual batteries
I'm not aware of any true negative source that cuts on/off as you need.

The backup alarm scoket is a switched negative. But it is only true when in reverse.

In the TrueAm kits they use a relay to switch negative.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

R

Ranger620vs

Feb 24, 2019
Cottage Grove MN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a couple relays in my work truck I will just add one to the common. I didn’t buy the kit with the volt gage. My gage is separat

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!