Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I noticed the other day when riding it that if i accelerate quick, pedal to the floor from a stop, there is a slight delay and then it goes. This delay isnt there when gradually pressing the pedal. Stomping the pedal isnt something ive done a ton, so not sure if this has been there the whole time and is normal, or not normal. can hear the delay at the motor, not transmission or drive-line. Wondering if the stock intake couldn't deal with the oxygen request at WOT right away, or could be something else?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
maybe a second but I don't remember any thing longer than that. I don't get to drop the hammer like that very often, I normally have my dogs with me.

Reactions: topsilverback
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
No hesitation at all in motor when warmed up here......sometimes in tranny if it sits long periods or extremely cold weather...but only at first.....

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I noticed the other day when riding it that if i accelerate quick, pedal to the floor from a stop, there is a slight delay and then it goes. This delay isnt there when gradually pressing the pedal. Stomping the pedal isnt something ive done a ton, so not sure if this has been there the whole time and is normal, or not normal. can hear the delay at the motor, not transmission or drive-line. Wondering if the stock intake couldn't deal with the oxygen request at WOT right away, or could be something else?

Maybe the idle air control valve? The IAC could be sticking causing a lean/rich mixture at idle and then the throttle opened immediately worsens the problem.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I only remember this occuring when having the breather lid flipped stomping the Quadra-jet back in the 80's. I have stomped the 700 a few times but don't notice it hesitating. Seems like the electronic fuel injected 36 ponies kick right in and don't sit me back in the seat.

Reactions: joeymt33
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
will have to mess with it some more. Maybe wasnt warmed up long enough. thanks for the replies. If it continues to do it ill see if i can get a video.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
will have to mess with it some more. Maybe wasnt warmed up long enough. thanks for the replies. If it continues to do it ill see if i can get a video.
I see your axle is fixed

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I see your axle is fixed
No thanks to any of our local dealers. Its amazing how many other people ive heard of get this covered under warranty. Ive even had reps from other dealers in other states tell me its the local dealer fault and not Honda.

Apparently the axle is made with a weak spot in it so it will break before damaging the Diff. What i was told at least.

But yea, I put a Rhino axle in it so i could get back to riding.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
No thanks to any of our local dealers. Its amazing how many other people ive heard of get this covered under warranty. Ive even had reps from other dealers in other states tell me its the local dealer fault and not Honda.

Apparently the axle is made with a weak spot in it so it will break before damaging the Diff. What i was told at least.

But yea, I put a Rhino axle in it so i could get back to riding.
another example of shi..y customer service. Its eveywhere. I bought new shocks and steering stabilizer for my truck and none came with torque specs. I call and some dude named Brian in India didnt know what the hell I was taking about. Called Ford and they tried to sell me the shop manual. Which I should probably have on hand anyway. But what a nightmare getting help.
Im glad to hear your back on the trials. Let me know when you want to ride. Any week but next week.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!