P1000 Accessories that you would like to see

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am sure that accessory manufacturer's and probably Honda read this board occasionally so lets come up with some things that we would like to buy for the Pioneer 1000.

Here are some things that I would like to see:

-Door mounted fabric storage bags made to fit the Pioneer (rather than "universal fit")
-Replacement seat that had more cushioning and maybe had a 40/20/40 style center console like a pickup truck
-A bolt in center console that could secure to the floor boards and have extra storage that would replace the center seat
-Replacement bucket seats
-Heat suppression kits that would have a bilge blower, the correct mounting brackets and a 12 volt adaptor assembled in a kit so all someone would have to do is buy it, mount it and go. (I think that this is a great business opportunity for someone who has more time available than I do and would help a lot of people out)
-Thermally reflective seat covers with a breathable/washable cloth cover that could be attached to the seats and removed as needed
-Skid plate that also protects into the wheel well similar to that Australian design that someone, I think 500 posted.

What other ideas do you guys have or would like to see?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would like to see a multi-mount winch set up!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
+1 on the wheel well protection. Seeing logs and sticks rammed through the floor board at 40 mph will cause you to draw up pretty fast!

Reactions: vince
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
-Engine Block heater/plug, for the cold mornings when its 0 outside, I can have it plugged in and dont have to wait for it to warm up.

-Headache rack

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Factory deep water kit
Weather strip kit for doors
Cooled/heated cup holders
Tow package
Factory turn signals
Low power mode
Flat roof w/acrylic twin sunroofs
Bush wacker style mud flairs
Split seat with folding arm rest
Sliding cargo mounts
E-brake
Factory Trans temp/oil pressure gauges
Side door storage
Push button start
Factory 110 inverter and air compressor
Rear 12v utility plug
Hard rear doors

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want a tow package, I guess if I added chain loops and a brake controller that would be good. I am afraid a brake controller would get ruined in Deepwater. If I made it detachable or high mounted, hmmm

Low power mode is a good idea

I've already received my quarter inch thick UHMW for front passenger protection. I hope to get some time soon to work on that.

Transmission and engine oil temperature gauges would be awesome. I added some to a lawnmower in the past, I guess I could do the same thing to the Honda as long as there is a threaded tap somewhere.

Lots of great ideas here CP

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Please excuse my ignorance what is a low power mode?

Something like the "work mode" on the Defender and the new Ranger or something else.

And yes, great ideas CP. Honda should hire you for consulting. :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I want a tow package, I guess if I added chain loops and a brake controller that would be good. I am afraid a brake controller would get ruined in Deepwater. If I made it detachable or high mounted, hmmm

Low power mode is a good idea

I've already received my quarter inch thick UHMW for front passenger protection. I hope to get some time soon to work on that.

Transmission and engine oil temperature gauges would be awesome. I added some to a lawnmower in the past, I guess I could do the same thing to the Honda as long as there is a threaded tap somewhere.

Lots of great ideas here CP
thank you Joey!
I forgot...a factory s model with a turbo intercooled low compression motor, with big radiator, separate Trans/oil, oil cooler Trans cooler,15in travel 3way adjustable piggy back shocks that electronically stabilize the unit and tied into the 13" dual piston cross drilled anti lock brakes for stability control, all wheel steering,traction control (with a switch),variable rate steering control with a three way switch,telescopic steering wheel with switch controls built into the wheel for future accessories,an additional mid range gear(so low is lower and high is higher) three way terrain mode switch, 55w hi/lo hid headlights,dual exhaust,use of carbon fiber and aluminum, beefed up control arms,15 in alloy body matching beadlock wheels strapped up with Michelin intermediate run flats and tire pressure monitoring and a remote start for the hell of it.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Please excuse my ignorance what is a low power mode?

Something like the "work mode" on the Defender and the new Ranger or something else.

And yes, great ideas CP. Honda should hire you for consulting. :)
Yes low power mode is I think what the Polaris just came with? But I've always wanted it and it would be super simple for manufacture but not us. It would only allow a percentage of fuel/air into the motor. It would at times make the vehicle less "oh s***" be better for people learning,some technical,and allowing new people or kids to take off.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes low power mode is I think what the Polaris just came with? But I've always wanted it and it would be super simple for manufacture but not us. It would only allow a percentage of fuel/air into the motor. It would at times make the vehicle less "oh s***" be better for people learning,some technical,and allowing new people or kids to take off.

Sent from iPhone

You are exactly right, it would be great to train young or new drivers. It also might be really good in technical trails.

So, are you going to figure out how to add oil pressure and oil temperature gauges to the pioneer 1000?

Could I drill and tap the oil filter cover to add sensors to collect that data? Probably not, it's too thin. Maybe Honda already has some threaded plugs that we can remove and add sensors. My kohler lawnmower motor had several plugs I could remove and add sensors. It's got oil temp and oil pressure.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Battery relocation kits to put full size battery under the driver seat.

By the way, this is on my list to do. I'm very sure that I'll have to make my own set up, but soon I will add a yellow top Optima under the seat. That will remove weight from the front end and lower the center of gravity.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really would like an oil temp/pressure gauge. I think it would warn pretty well of possible problems. I would assume the lower the oil temp is the longer the Trans would last being married. Not 100% on dct but autos if if hot your loosing life. It does suck that they are married for this. I would assume there is a useful plug somewhere for temp but maybe pressure tougher

Sent from iPhone

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree low power mode would be great! Sometimes I think the P1k has too much power for beginners.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
By the way, this is on my list to do. I'm very sure that I'll have to make my own set up, but soon I will add a yellow top Optima under the seat. That will remove weight from the front end and lower the center of gravity.
Single or still dual?

Sent from iPhone

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to add a single yellow top Optima. That's the set up that I had in my pioneer 700. I could carry a small lithium jump box just incase.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been sniffing around a little at large capacitors for additional power.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Image Image
;)

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty cool ideas guys. I have one request, well two actually.
1. I would like Honda to be the first to offer different interior plastic colors other than black. Im thinking "flat dark earth as Polaris military atv's.
2. Cab heat managment.
3. A glass window with a thinner or no metal frame.
4. Long life LED back lit dash for shifters.
5. A 3 cylinder deisel engine option.
6. Different color hard / soft roof options.
7. Standard aarm gards on deluxe models.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!