P1000 ACfixer's 1000-5 build and accessories so far...

H

Honda_Dave

Apr 8, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with this option. Got the idea from Piney Life on youtube and the price is right. I would agree with Rob that interior lights are a "must have" accessory.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, almost two months into building out the buggy and several trials and errors let's take a look so far. ;) I'll include links to some of the stuff as well. MANY thanks to everyone that have answered questions, this is a great forum!

Here's what we look like under the hood. You can see my personal choices for component placement and wiring routes. I'm pretty happy with it as is and I feel like I was able to keep the area pretty clean. Included you'll see the True isolator, the stinger relay near the passenger side rear, it feeds a six circuit aux fuse box. The stinger is powered by a master switch on the dash. Right by the fuse block you can see the relays for the front and rear LED bars. The only thing I have on the accessory add a wire circuit are the turn indicators and horn. On the driver side is the winch controller and I will be adding the wireless winch controller this week or next and I'll likely make use of that factory cavity still available near the isolator.

View attachment 260443

From the front you can see the SE 6000 Viper Elite widespool, well you can see the fairlead anyway. Also the Zmoon 24K lumen light bars from Amazon (these things re bright!!!). Also the LED turn signals from the club store kit mounted in the headlight bezel.

View attachment 260450

Here's the winch link:

Here are the LED bars: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QM4K4MG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

LED mounting brackets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZZHFS2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Mirrors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWWBV9G/?tag=sxsweb24-20

From the rear you can see the same LED bars mounted up near the OEM hard top roof. Tennessee saw fit for me to make this street legal as well for $20 a year. All wiring for the rear I ran through 3/8" split conduit through the frame area after removing the underside splash protectors. Did my best to hide the wiring without drilling into the frame and I'm happy with the result, you have to look pretty hard to see it.

View attachment 260455

Here's a shot of the panel provided by Crossroads 3D. Guy does a great job and the finish looks factory done. I liked the ability to add a cell phone holder near my charging ports. The dual voltmeter provided in my kit was problematic, it would backfeed and cause weird issues with the relay and acc. circuit in the dash. Was solved by just getting two voltmeters. The blue switch is the master that turns on the secondary stuff run by the aux battery. So far that includes the USB charging, the LED bars, and the winch.

Here's a link to the switch panel manufacturer. Pioneer 1000 Switch Panel | P1000 Dash plate - Crossroads 3D

View attachment 260456

I cut out near the headlight switch for the turn signals, just seemed like the natural spot for it.

View attachment 260457

Here's a quick shot showing the winch and the cable routing.

View attachment 260458

Well that's about it for now, everything is working well and after originally having somewhat of a bird's nest behind the panel I think after doing a lot of shrink tubing and zip ties etc I got it cleaned up satisfactorily. I'm happy to get the dash panel buttoned up and I'll take it out for a few rides and do some reading to see what else I "need" to add. :D

Suggestions and comments welcome!

Since I have already some wiring done by state troopers :) who totaled and auctioned my p1000 , I left alone honda accessory fuse box with heater and wiper wired, since not much power they drain from the main battery.

Question for all in this thread:

- from what I see Positive winch cable just goes to the positive terminal where positive accessory battery cable goes?

- where did you put key on accessory power wire for stinger relay? ( I saw in the video Rob use jump wire from the fuse box), did you do same or ..??

- how do you charge battery with single charge cable on the main battery? or separate cables on both batteries. I went with bigger interstate battery 35 amp/h and original and accessory battery capacities are different. So not sure how if charger will be able to charge to full bigger accessory battery?

Thank you!

So far this is how far I got , see pics.

20210328 232625 20210328 232550

Reactions: Lady01
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The key on accessory power wire kit from the Honda SxS club store connects to the back of the cigarette lighter socket. It takes some work to access it, but I think its is a more sturdy connection than the fuse block jumper. I installed a fullsize 775 CCA battery under the driver seat and my charging system has no problem charging the batteries.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The key on accessory power wire kit from the Honda SxS club store connects to the back of the cigarette lighter socket. It takes some work to access it, but I think its is a more sturdy connection than the fuse block jumper. I installed a fullsize 775 CCA battery under the driver seat and my charging system has no problem charging the batteries.
How did u access that cigarette lighter ? Any tips ?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a video somewhere that shows you how to find it in the wiring loom under the fuse box. I'll see if I can fund it solrus.

Reactions: solrus and Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't help you with the fuse box, it's a 6 circuit mini-fuse I got at Autozone.

The winch plate is the one they sent me when I bought the winch at the club store.

The turn signal kit right here: I did not opt for the plug-n-play option, if you're familiar with electrical it's pretty straightforward and making my own splices allowed me to shed any access wiring to clean up the install.

The battery is the Mighty Max many here suggested. It fits perfectly in the cavity and won't break your bank account.

Welcome to the group from Southern Arizona. All you need here for street legal is mirror, horn, license plate light and the standard stuff that comes with the machine. Good for everywhere but interstates, but we never drive anywhere that we can’t keep up with traffic.

Reactions: ACfixer and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!