P500 Added heat/noise shield

D

DaveinWV

May 24, 2024
WV
Ownership

1. 520
I added some automotive heat shield to get more noise reduction. I got the heat shielding off Amazon. It has an adhesive back and foil front. I cut two pieces and stuck them back-to-back (doubled it) (21" x 15"). There is a hole in the frame on both sides. One is for the air filter box mount and the other an empty hole. I pushed a hole through the shielding and used two plastic anchor rivets to secure it. the cross member holds it in the rear. I just took it out for a test run and it has helped reduce the noise some more. The Quick shield lays back toward the rear more than in the pic. I folded it forward for the pic.

UKgFmcg
ZQ1ApHe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!