BOX1

P700 Added New Accessories, Have a Question

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I purchased the Nilight 6 Gang Panel from Amazon because I liked the buttons, A KFI Winch and I also purchased the double backup lights from SXS club. Had a neighbor who owed me a favor help me wire it. I THINK we did a good job but have a question at the end.
The Panel.
Panel

The Rear Lights....Awesome. Its dark tonight.
Lights

I had the panel wired where the switch to the far right is master power to the winch and the switch 2nd from right is the 7 pin (in/out) to work it. That way it doesnt get accidentally tripped while riding unless the master switch is on. That works. Then the backup lights are on the 2nd switch from the left. We were able to modify the harness that came with it to work from just the switch like I wanted vs. activating it when I back up. Yes, I know there is a $89 harness that allows for both but I saved the money. We wired so nothing works when key is off. MY QUESTION.... The bottom (words do not light up) ever but when you turn the switches on the ICONS do light up. I am thinking this is a simple fix but I dont want to bother the guy again....I watched the "A" wiring video but am not an electrician. Thoughts? Again, everything works as should but apparently we do not have power to the bottom pins.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can you take a picture of the back of the switches?

Im guessing you missed a ground on the switch somewhere.

edit: or a jumper wire is wrong from the factory. Can you pull a switch cover off an make sure there are 2 led’s inside?

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed some OTW brand switches on my 1000. On those I ran a jumper wire from the positive wire coming to the switch going to the positive for the light on the switch. I think the same for the negative. The words on mine are lit up when power is on to the switches and then the pics light up when each switch is turned on. The winch in/out switch lights up when I turn on the winch power switch. Yours could be different though. Do like Todd said and make sure you have 2 bulbs in the switch. Did your switches come with a wiring diagram?

20211010 210109

Reactions: crewcabrob
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ill get a pic of it. I am sure we left something out, I know the diagrams online come with option A or B....Im betting we did B. I cannot seem to find the small wiring diagram that came with it. Appreciate the quick responses.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
So this is my panel in. Again, I have the Wench switch on the far right that is just Off/On, When the switch is on, Wench lights up and then my 7 pin actual winch switch allows for in/out/off. I wanted it that way so I dont accidentally activate winch. Also2nd switch from left was hard wired to turn on my rear work lights. They do not work in reverse.

The 2nd pic shows the panel off the dash/flipped and the Circled switch is the on/off Wench switch on far right of first pic. Notice there is a red wire that is not connected. Also in the 2nd pic, the switch 2nd from right is where my work light is wired (black wire).

My question is that I want my bottom words on the switch panel to be on when it is running. As it is, only the icons light up when in use. Ill attached another pic but lots of wires and I dont know WTF I am doing. :mad: Just trying to see if I need another jumper or if quick fix. I am assuming my buddy used Method B vs. Method A...he is not around to help me. Notice in the 3rd pic w/ the GREEN Highlight, there are 2 wires that lead to nowhere.

Panel Panel1 LI Panel1 LI 2

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the blue wire hooked up? This pin controls the bottom lights. It needs 12V+. Preferably key-on.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ill try that. It doesnt look like it is....if you see the pic w/ the green circle.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!