P1000 Advice for tire purchase

Sauksxs

Sauksxs

Jul 10, 2019
Washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think they grip rock and logs better than the Black Waters and don't skate around on gravel roads as bad.
I’m in Lake Havasu
Hey all, im sure this question is asked a bunch, but I'm looking to buy some new tires to replace the stock Maxxis Bighorns on my 2021 Deluxe. I live in AZ and I do a lot of desert trails, so I've got my search narrowed to Tusk Terrabytes or Kanati Mongrels. I'd love to go a little bigger, but for now i think I'm a bit hamstrung to the standard 27x9x14/27x11x14 because of the space in the Toy Hauler (the Pioneer barely fits). You all seem like the group to get advice from, so any recommendations on the above tires, or others I should look at?
Im in Lake Havasu AZ for a bit and the local shop here is recommending the ITP Coyote said they are working out good all around for there customers

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wecome, I live in S. AZ. also. I had the same deliema as you, I narrowed it down to the Tensors or the km3's Fedx delivered the km3's today. Couldn't mout them due to a very rare event it rained all day. So with work schedules the way it is I'll put them on next week when I'm off. Pics to follow.

J

JDAZ84

Feb 14, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! Sweet ride! Just my opinion, I would run the stock big horns until you get the more important mods done. Spend some time reading here because you will learn a lot. Go broke too! Good luck!

Which ones are the more important? Shocks/struts? Lift? Offset a-arms?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I was to start over, skid plate, vent extensions (snorkel kit), dual battery setup, winch. Then add the fun stuff depending what is important to you. Windshield, roof, lights, tunes. By this time you will be ready for offset a-arms, shocks and tires. Everyone is different. No matter what you do it's so much fun.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Between arms or shocks I would say shocks. Mother nature will let you know if and when you need arms the stock ones aren't hard to bend. Shocks will make a huge improvement to the ride and offer adjustment for and load or your riding style. But as said above the basics to protect the machine should be first. Skids vent extensions then the necessaries like winch and the dual battery.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
As I shared earlier in this thread, I'm running 15" (29.5" tall) Super Swampers. I'm thinking of going to L78-15 (31" tall) Buckshot Mudders. Anyone running them? I ride graded roads and pavement a lot. Will the 31" tires lug the 1000 down too much? I wouldn't mind the decrease in gear ratio if it isn't too significant when off roading. All our riding is flatwoods here. Muddy and sandy, no rocks or hill climbing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!