P1000 Advice for tire purchase

J

JDAZ84

Feb 14, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, im sure this question is asked a bunch, but I'm looking to buy some new tires to replace the stock Maxxis Bighorns on my 2021 Deluxe. I live in AZ and I do a lot of desert trails, so I've got my search narrowed to Tusk Terrabytes or Kanati Mongrels. I'd love to go a little bigger, but for now i think I'm a bit hamstrung to the standard 27x9x14/27x11x14 because of the space in the Toy Hauler (the Pioneer barely fits). You all seem like the group to get advice from, so any recommendations on the above tires, or others I should look at?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all, im sure this question is asked a bunch, but I'm looking to buy some new tires to replace the stock Maxxis Bighorns on my 2021 Deluxe. I live in AZ and I do a lot of desert trails, so I've got my search narrowed to Tusk Terrabytes or Kanati Mongrels. I'd love to go a little bigger, but for now i think I'm a bit hamstrung to the standard 27x9x14/27x11x14 because of the space in the Toy Hauler (the Pioneer barely fits). You all seem like the group to get advice from, so any recommendations on the above tires, or others I should look at?
Welcome from South Fl
Can't help you with your tire questions cause I'd recommend a-arms and 30" tires then a 4" cage chop for clearance in the toy hauler..... 😉

Oh and......Pics or it didn't happen!!!😂😂

👍 NTC

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look at ITP's they have a couple tread patterns that would work good in the Desert and they're made in the USA. I'm on my second set, had the Black Waters first and now running the Terra Hooks, I like the Terra Hooks the best, both sets I never had a trail flat.

J

JDAZ84

Feb 14, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from South Fl
Can't help you with your tire questions cause I'd recommend a-arms and 30" tires then a 4" cage chop for clearance in the toy hauler..... 😉

Oh and......Pics or it didn't happen!!!😂😂

👍 NTC
Whoa whoa whoa...hold on...you have to understand I'm a rookie in this SxS game. So...cage chop!? That sounds like just the ticket...where do I look for how to do that and what it looks like?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
im sure this question is asked a bunch,
THATS A BIG 10-4!
the search at the top of the page will yield more results about this than Carter has liver pils! so i suggest u start there.
and….the first unspoken rule on the forum when u join is pics of the machine. As my dear friend from the warm state of FL @JenElio said..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)
Welcome from the Winter Water Wonderland state BTW.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Whoa whoa whoa...hold on...you have to understand I'm a rookie in this SxS game. So...cage chop!? That sounds like just the ticket...where do I look for how to do that and what it looks like?
Look up threads on "chopped top" or similar (read them all 😉) Wealth of knowledge on this site. Feel free to ask anyone questions we all pretty much get along and have built great relationships here.
20210510 212144
20210510 212157

This is mine after "chopping it"

4"--4.5"--5" chop front to rear

Actually not a bad project if you know your way around basic shop tools 👍

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NICE buggy and scenery picture! Welcome from NW Arkansas!
Nice ride! Welcome from southern AZ. One of the better rides I’ve been on was north of Roosevelt Lake. If you’re having a problem with overall height in your toy hauler, you’ll need the top chop. For the really fun rides here in AZ, you’ll want more ground clearance and a full 1/2” UHMW skid plate at the top of your todo list.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! Sweet ride! Just my opinion, I would run the stock big horns until you get the more important mods done. Spend some time reading here because you will learn a lot. Go broke too! Good luck!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at ITP's they have a couple tread patterns that would work good in the Desert and they're made in the USA. I'm on my second set, had the Black Waters first and now running the Terra Hooks, I like the Terra Hooks the best, both sets I never had a trail flat.
Why do you like the Terra hooks better?

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club from Ohio. sorry can't help with your ? but the great people here will.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club, these guys are great at spending money. I am not sure what kind of toy hauler you have but I adjusted my beds in the back and gained tons of clearance. Not hard at all took two guys about 40 min to do. I have 30in super grips on mine. At the time of this picture I had installed the rear fox shocks and got the ride height corrected, the front still had stock.5bb685ba914b5c2d7a7301ae8b491c77C0b1d1b9a35d2ddee5ef5d83e68f12ab

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!