BOX1

P500 Advice on good place to buy 26" tire wheel combo?

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
wvupsc, I'm still deciding myself but my only thought is that seems like a lot to spend to end up with the same looking wheels and just 1" larger tires that only gain you 1/2" more ground clearance.

I get what you are saying, and I went back an forth with 25vs26. Both local places I spoke with (one was dealer) recommended against going larger for various reasons. But both said 26 would work, and many on the forum run larger tires. Mostly I wanted a more aggressive tread and a wider stance, so I decided on 25s with 5/2 offset. I will experiment with the spacers when I get my 520 next week. It’s still at the dealership until they receive and install accessories and tires/wheels. I ended up buying wheels and tires from dealership because they gave me a credit for the originals. I really didn’t want the hassle of selling them. Ending up costing me about $550 out of pocket.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
....It’s still at the dealership until they receive and install accessories and tires/wheels. I ended up buying wheels and tires from dealership because they gave me a credit for the originals. I really didn’t want the hassle of selling them. Ending up costing me about $550 out of pocket.

That's not bad, I probably should have tried to work out a trade on new tires and wheels but I hadn't made my mind up. Leaning toward cast aluminum wheels and 26" Bighorn 3's.
One thing I want is a half windshield because the front tires throw up water at me when moving along, not from the side but up over the hood. The one Honda sells looks a little too low though, they refer to it as a deflector. The ones made for the P500 apparently won't fit so will have to wait on that.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's not bad, I probably should have tried to work out a trade on new tires and wheels but I hadn't made my mind up. Leaning toward cast aluminum wheels and 26" Bighorn 3's.
One thing I want is a half windshield because the front tires throw up water at me when moving along, not from the side but up over the hood. The one Honda sells looks a little too low though, they refer to it as a deflector. The ones made for the P500 apparently won't fit so will have to wait on that.

A half shield will fit fine. Why the BH3's?

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
One site I looked had a nice 1/2 shield (taller than Honda's deflector) for the P500, but it specifically mentioned "does not fit Pioneer 520". So I assume something's different enough that I don't want to order one unless I can be assured it fits a 520.
Well..... why not BH3? I like the directional tread that's specifically different on the front and rear, and the fact they're the same lighter weight as BH2.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Pretty sure the only difference are the gussets at the top of the rops? Might interfere with a full shield but not a half.
Alright, if your digging the tread pattern, I get it. Noticed you're keeping the wide's on the back, which I did for awhile too and liked it. I'm sure they're good tires, BH's are all I've ran. Guess I looked at the 3.0's as limited in versatility in regards to spares and swaps.

T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
I got a wheel tire combo from Rocky Mountain ATV that I am very happy with them. I paired the Tusk Teton rims with the 8ply Terabite tires and really like them. I have had them since before this whole covid thing and back then the service and shipping from Rocky Mountain was perfect. If you get set of bead locks already mounted be sure to anti-sieze the bolts and check the torque.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
27s baby!
Love my HTRs on ITP steelies. 4+3, no spacers. 9 front, 11 rear.
53 1/2" width max...

Reactions: JayPo and Smitty335
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pretty sure the only difference are the gussets at the top of the rops? Might interfere with a full shield but not a half.
Alright, if your digging the tread pattern, I get it. Noticed you're keeping the wide's on the back, which I did for awhile too and liked it. I'm sure they're good tires, BH's are all I've ran. Guess I looked at the 3.0's as limited in versatility in regards to spares and swaps.

I've not had the opportunity to compare side by side (no pun intended) a P500 and P520 but from images it appears the same shield should fit both. It would be useful that any shield be easily removed and attached back on for accessing the front storage. Such as the one sold here for a P500. Dot Weld Offroad

Yeah I've gone back and forth over tire sizes, wheels, and wheel offset, from running the same tread and size on all four corners to the popular 26"x 9"F / 11"R. I came to the conclusion there's no single best combination but for me I like the idea of the front tread more rounded and designed for steering with the rear flatter for traction.

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!