BOX1

P500 Advice on good place to buy 26" tire wheel combo?

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm interested in a 26" tire / 12" wheel package, prefer 4/3 offset which would save me buying spacers. Prefer aluminum but steel wheels if there's much savings. I understand back spacing but confusing to me is 4/137, 4+3, or 4/137 - 12mm, 4+3?
I suppose intermediate type tires as use will be dry and wet ground/grass, dirt and some paved road, snow, little mud. Maxxis Ceros, Duro Frontier, Maxxis Vipr, Kenda Bear Claw HTR, etc. Any favorite places to buy from or package deals you're run across recently?

Reactions: 500oneer and J80
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm interested in a 26" tire / 12" wheel package, prefer 4/3 offset which would save me buying spacers. Prefer aluminum but steel wheels if there's much savings. I understand back spacing but confusing to me is 4/137, 4+3, or 4/137 - 12mm, 4+3?
I suppose intermediate type tires as use will be dry and wet ground/grass, dirt and some paved road, snow, little mud. Maxxis Ceros, Duro Frontier, Maxxis Vipr, Kenda Bear Claw HTR, etc. Any favorite places to buy from or package deals you're run across recently?
What ever Honda S X S you have you can find all kinds of info by going to to Forums ( main bar ), click on it, scroll down to your S x S size P1, P7 or P5 click on tires and wheels, you can read for hours about this question from owners who have bought them and use them, and get a lot of info. A great resource.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I bought my wheels at Rocky Mountain Atv and my tires on Amazon and I paid a tire shop to mount them and that was still a better deal that way

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATV IS GREAT ! B U T they use On Trac delivery and they SUCK ! So much so that if I need something RMATV has I will try hard to find it somewhere else that uses anyone but On Trac for shipping .

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For wheels you need 4/110 bolt pattern for Honda p500

OK thanks Jelewis good to know, neither the 4/137's I referenced will work.

What ever Honda S X S you have you can find all kinds of info by going to to Forums ( main bar ), click on it, scroll down to your S x S size P1, P7 or P5 click on tires and wheels, you can read for hours about this question from owners who have bought them and use them, and get a lot of info. A great resource.

Yes I've been reading through a few pages already and that's why I posted only here on the "P500 Wheels and Tires".

By intermediate, you mean good all around tire? Consider putting Bighorns on your list.

Yes and thanks I will look for Bighorns as well, the II version which is lighter I would think?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Yes I've been reading through a few pages already and that's why I posted only here on the "P500 Wheels and Tires".

Yes and thanks I will look for Bighorns as well, the II version which is lighter I would think?
I'm surprised you didn't find an answer in P5 Wheels and tires. As far as wheels with no spacers go, I run a 2 + 5 on the front and a 3 + 4 on the back, no spacers and same track width but I have a P1 and don't rotate tires, I run in 4 WD mostly on trails trying to tread lightly, so I get pretty even tread wear front to back.

Reactions: Backwoods
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'll keep looking but I seem to be having difficulty finding some of these tires mounted on 12" 4+3 offset Honda bolt pattern wheels? Lots of 14" wheels, or 5+2 offset, or swamp tires, etc.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll keep looking but I seem to be having difficulty finding some of these tires mounted on 12" 4+3 offset Honda bolt pattern wheels? Lots of 14" wheels, or 5+2 offset, or swamp tires, etc.
Go to Race Line Wheels and look at there charts, that's where I got the wheels I was looking for and I bought them through a local dealer that treated me fair.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

No 4/137 won’t work on a p500 (4/110 will work on p500

Reactions: Backwoods
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys, from your replies and lurking on the tire and wheel section here I now have the wheel size, 4+3 offset, as well as 4/110 bolt pattern down pat. I was hoping to find examples (steel or aluminum) available from a single vendor, with 26" tires already mounted but haven't really seen any so I'll just contact a few online vendors such as Rocky Mt ATV etc.

Reactions: J80 and Smitty335
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I went with 12" steelies with 4+3 for my 27s. Sorry though, forgot where I bought them. Had Wally World mount them, $5 per. Pay attention to directional tread when having mounted, if specified on the tire.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Keep in mind some places, like Belle Tire, won't mount off road tires anymore. Mostly due to the incompetence of their workers. They put too much air in them or ruin the bead and Belle is left with the tab. Had them mount a set for me a few yrs ago and told them I wanted them at 12 psi. I realize they have to use more than that to set the bead but when I got them back, 28, 21, 10...they were all over the place. Had them replace a travel trailer tire for me that had the green nitrogen cap on the stem. Not only did it not have the nitrogen cap, it didn't have any cap. Pimple faced morons that don't pay attention.

W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys. I'll check Dennis Kirk again. I thought it would be convenient to have them shipped already mounted but it looks like I may end up buying wheels and tires separately at the best prices and just try to mount them myself. I've always done my motorcycle tires and I won't even have to break the bead with new tires and wheels.

Reactions: J80
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!