Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I am fixing to lay down some money for a set of tires but do not know if I should be looking for a set of Radial's or Bias tires.
I think the factory tires are Bias but I am unable to confirm.

So, what are you thoughts, Bias, Radial?
Or will your decision made on style and price without regards to type?

Thanks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
I am fixing to lay down some money for a set of tires but do not know if I should be looking for a set of Radial's or Bias tires.
I think the factory tires are Bias but I am unable to confirm.

So, what are you thoughts, Bias, Radial?
Or will your decision made on style and price without regards to type?

Thanks.

Bias are better off-road they conform better to the surface and give you better traction. Radials are probably DOT approved but do not offer the off-road traction.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
the factory tires are bias ply actually radial tires get way better traction than bias ply they flex alot more and have a wider footprint with the ground atv tires have nothing to do with DOT ratings if you want a smoother ride get radials they also have more sidewall flex when turning they cost more money and they last longer also

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bigc said:
the factory tires are bias ply actually radial tires get way better traction than bias ply they flex alot more and have a wider footprint with the ground atv tires have nothing to do with DOT ratings if you want a smoother ride get radials they also have more sidewall flex when turning they cost more money and they last longer also

You can get DOT rated radial ATV/UTV tires.
They are not as soft of a compound as non-DOT rated radial or bias ATV/UTV tires. Therefore the lugs don't flex as well to grip terrain.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!