P700 Toughest Tires Available?

P

Panhandlepilgrim

Mar 22, 2021
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi there,
I have a 2021 700-4 and I ripped a hole in one of my OEM sidewalls trying to get down a narrow trail in the dark in hopes of finding an elk. I live in Northern Idaho where sharp rocks and tree roots are a constant threat. I also spend alot of time running gravel and paved roads since I can ride from my house to just about anywhere I want to go so I'd prefer to go with a radial. I did a little digging around on here and I see the terrebites and the Maxxis come up quite a bit. How durable are they? And is there something tougher out there?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have these GBC Terra Master
10 ply DOT rated no road noise radial and grip good in everything. They ride excellent

62850E8F DFB8 44EA 92E1 750CB73C935B

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking for the tireballs to suggest for you, came across this article

S

sHoRtBuSseR

Jul 20, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've been running 10 ply Terrabites for awhile and they've been really good to me in the rocks. I'm in Southern Oregon so it's razor sharp lava rock usually. My second choice was Terra masters and I feel I would have been better off with them just because of the type of riding I do.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll check out some of these mentioned above although the price of the Terrebites has my attention for sure.
Paralysis by analysis - don't overthink it, tires are temporary. The Terrabites are highly rated in the UTV community and get great mileage. Their one downside is inconsistent bead thickness, some of them won't play well with beadlocks and the only reason I'm not running them - not your problem with stock Talon wheels.

S

sHoRtBuSseR

Jul 20, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
Paralysis by analysis - don't overthink it, tires are temporary. The Terrabites are highly rated in the UTV community and get great mileage. Their one downside is inconsistent bead thickness, some of them won't play well with beadlocks and the only reason I'm not running them - not your problem with stock Talon wheels.
They certainly were harder to mount on my beadlocks than others I've done before.

kevinpo

kevinpo

Apr 3, 2021
Spokane Valley WA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
I'm probably riding the same trails as you. I bought these 27x9-12 Aramid Terrabite 10-Ply on Tusk Cascade Machined/Black pre-mounted in March of 2021 and they have held up very well.

PS: I'm going up the St. Joe (Marble Creek) Thursday for a week :) I ride the North Fork of the CDA River a lot also (mile marker 35 or so) Maybe I'll run into you sometime.

Cheers,
Kevin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!