P1000 Air compressor & fan install

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I'm heading to Hatfield & McCoy Trails the middle of next week and have finally bout wrapped up all my little projects.

I found a 12 volt air compressor with about a 2 gallon tank on amazon that I figured I could fit under the driver seat.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9LTXA/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Compressor and Blowers Compressor top view

I had to use a heat gun to heat up the plastic and bend it back for a good fit. It will be just enough to run a little air tool or impact for very short term. I ran the intake filter for it all the way up with my snorkel and vent lines.

I used a 2.5" shop vac hose for my snorkel. I siliconed a 2.5" PVC coupler on each end. The PVC coupler fit perfect into the intake of the main air box. I got a K&N filter that fit the other end. I was worried about the hose restricting air flow to the engine but it runs fine and doesn't seem to be lacking of air at all. I also ran all the vent lines up along side the hose as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IQV95Y/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Snorkel Side View Snorkel Rear View

The other thing I did was install some radiator fans on top for a little air flow while sitting around on the beer stops. I had some metal closet shelving laying around. Cut that up and welded little tabs to screw it to the roll cage. I wire a seperate switch for each fan. Had to reverse the wires and flip over the fan blades to get the air flowing downwards. It puts out some good air flow but they are a tad noisy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W757UCM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Fans Upper

I found a cheap way to make the door cup holders. I cut rubber bungee cords in 6.25" lengths. I ground down a small deepwell socket and sharpened the end to press out a 8mm hole for the push pin to go through. It seems to work well so far.

Door Cup Holder Door Cup Holder Testing

The only thing left to do is mount the RAM mounts for my garmin Rino. Also got a Pro Armor 4-point harness coming as well.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good, do a write up about hatfield and McCoy trails if you can when you get done. I here it's awsome now that the devil Anse trail is finished

Last edited:
Reactions: drfubar
X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Can you show how you ran your shop vac hose? Did you have to heat it up and form it to make it past the bed. Looks great!

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Can you show how you ran your shop vac hose? Did you have to heat it up and form it to make it past the bed. Looks great!

I didn't have to heat the hose any. It does hit when you raise and lower the bed. I'll try to get a video and some more pics tomorrow.

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Looks good, do a write up about hatfield and McCoy trails if you can when you get done. I here it's awsome now that the devil Anse trail is finished

I'll let yall know how the trip goes. I purchased the VVmapping gps trails which I love so far just premapping everything on my computer. I also paid $10 for them to include the printed maps of all the gps trails they are really nice. I know it doesn't make since but I've always liked having a good back up when the electronics fail. I haven't heard anything about the devil Anse trail. I went last year and stayed in Ashland and that's where we are staying again. Now that I have all of the outlaw trails we have alot more to explore.

Reactions: X4Dice and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!