P500 All around radials

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Getting ready to pick up a new 500. Planning on using it for a general use vehicle at my weekend retreat. Light trail duties, launching a wave runner from a grass/dirt/muddy beach area depending upon the level of the lake, minimal road usage, mainly hard pack and on my lawn. I wanted to swap out for some 26" tires on stock rims right away and was looking at the CST Clinchers at Rocky Mt. Anybody have any experience with them? Know of real diameter? Quality? Have been searching and just seem to come up with "promo" info. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
Didn't close the deal yet, but what's the general opinion. 2015 in red, or a 2016 in blue? The 2016 is $300 more.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
OK, after much studying, researching, looking, asking ,general indecision and almost pulling the trigger and then backing out, I did it. I got a set of MSA M-20 wheels and Maxxis Bighorn (original) tires. 26x9x14 front,
26x11x14 on the rear. I've had the 500 for a little over a year now and I've been looking at doing this ever since I bought it.

The above is from the thread "Finally got new wheels and tires" just a few threads down from this one. I have now run these tires in 12" of snow in Colorado, lots of mud as we have had 12.55 inches of rain here in Nov. and 10.53 in Dec. got plenty of mud. I've also run dry rocky trails with them in Colorado before the snows hit. I had run all these conditions for over a year with the stock tires and used my winch a lot. I haven't used my winch since I got new tires. They make the same tires in 12" so you can run stock rims with them, I looked had at doing this but decided I wanted new rims and 14".

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Get the red and put the $300 towards a roof and windshield. Most people get bighorns,true to size and improve the ride. I have 8 ply roctanes they are heavy and when you air them to 8 psi they shrink to 24 inches. One even has a slice in the sidewall.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I have 27x9x12 front and 27x12x11 Kenda Bearclaw HTRS..love them. Second set (first set on RZR). Best all around tire I've ever had. Not sure of the ones you mentioned. I don't have experience with them. I agree with the Red..save the $$$. No difference in machine. If you don't like the color, you can buy them yourself for less than $150..I did :)

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I went woth Maxxiz Ceros radials. Theu ride way better than stock.
And so far have gone everywhere I hqve pointed my pioneer withut any issue.
fairly easy on the lawn. Did well in snow and mud also..

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Get the red and put the $300 towards a roof and windshield. Most people get bighorns,true to size and improve the ride. I have 8 ply roctanes they are heavy and when you air them to 8 psi they shrink to 24 inches. One even has a slice in the sidewall.
Love my bighorn originals.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!