Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at new tires. Stoped at local dealer just to look. The lady behind the counter said; with radials all four should be the same width?. She also said that all radials are dot approved? Wanting to go with 27" Tusk Terrabite. if so what size spacers should I go with.
P.s. not worried about width restrictions.
P.p.s. going to stick with stock wheels.

R

Rustell

New tires 26x11x12 Kenda Bearclaw radials New tires front 26x9x12 New tires  from24s to 26sKenda Bearclaws HTRs.. 26x9x12 and26x11x12. Never heard that they need to be the same width

R

Rustell

From what I've read some do run all four the same but I didn't know why or if there is some benefit to that that I hadn't considered.
The only benefit that I can see to running the same size all around would be if you carried a spare.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2019 Bugatti Chiron doesn't either.

Well..... I'm sure that if I had one, They wouldn't be the same.

I know.... I'm not answering the question.
If all four are the same then a spare fits anywhere. As for spacers...(shrugging my shoulders)

Reactions: jinx
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My best guess is you would clear OK with 27" tires without spacers, on my P500 I am running 26x9x12 Roctane XD all the way around on OEM wheels. These tires are 26.5" tall and have never had any hint of rubbing in 3 years.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
They aren't all the same on the wife's lambo either.... Anyway I'm not planning on a spare yet, but if I did, I'd probably go with the width of the front. From what I've read on here I wasn't worried about rub with these tires (they reportedly run short) but, that if I go up I needed to go out as well.

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
I would think that with the smaller tires on front it would turn sharper than with wide tires. If not sharper, it'd turn much easier for sure. P500's should come with power steering.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!