BOX1

P500 Spacers

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I’m trying to figure out if adding spacers will work for me. I run the stock rims and tires and then I have some STI Black Diamonds on stock rims, front 25-8-12 and rear 25-10-12. If I add a 1” spacer all the way around will I be wider than 50”?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well, Id measure what you have on your machine stock outside to outside. Then measure your new tire width compared to your stock tires. If the stockers are close to 50” and your new tires width are wider, then no need to figure out the rest.
as for your new rims, that would depend on the offset as well. You can always mount the new tires and wheels, put them on and measure then youll have a better Real world idea of how wide u are.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I was trying to measure this morning in the dark, but couldn’t get an accurate measurement by myself. I was hoping someone had put 1” spacers on with the stock wheels/tires and would be able to give me an answer.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was trying to measure this morning in the dark, but couldn’t get an accurate measurement by myself. I was hoping someone had put 1” spacers on with the stock wheels/tires and would be able to give me an answer.
If that's all you're looking for, you can try the search up top I'm sure there's a thread that has the stock P5 width or look in the Honda brochure or their main site that will give you the specs then just add two inches🤷‍♂️

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Easy do it yourself method. ( even in the dark )
1-Park on hard level flat surface
2- use a carpenter square <>place it up the side & along the bottom of the out side of the tire <> mark a line along the botton <> of the square on the surface machine is parked on.
3 Repeat process to each tire <> & move the machine forward or back enough <> measure the distance between the marker lines you made. You will have decent idea on your own machine <> Width Mwasurements

Last edited:
idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
If that's all you're looking for, you can try the search up top I'm sure there's a thread that has the stock P5 width or look in the Honda brochure or their main site that will give you the specs then just add two inches🤷‍♂️
I searched for quite awhile on here with no luck, lots of threads about tires and spacers, but not much on ending measurements. The Honda specs just say 50” wide, so their no help.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I searched for quite awhile on here with no luck, lots of threads about tires and spacers, but not much on ending measurements. The Honda specs just say 50” wide, so their no help.
Easy search came this in more places then one for stock width. Add an 1” per each spacer and you have 52” stock! Wala!!!
I thought it was 50” from factory. Mine wasnt that way long and that was some time ago by then I had ITP wheels and 27” terabytes on it with 1” spacers and i was around 57-58” cant recall 100%
F5DD5D29 DA93 43EA 98F5 C6BB6C17B4F1

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Easy do it yourself method. ( even in the dark )
1-Park on hard level flat surface
2- use a carpenter square <>place it up the side & along the bottom of the out side of the tire <> mark a line along the botton <> of the square on the surface machine is parked on.
3 Repeat process to each tire <> & move the machine forward or back enough <> measure the distance between the marker lines you made. You will have decent idea on your own machine <> Width Mwasurements
It worked good. Measurements were 49.5” with the stock wheel and tires.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Are you going to be riding your machine somewhere that has "exactly" 50-inch gates to go through? If not, you should be OK on ORV trails. I added 26x9R-12 front and 26x11R-12 rears of Kenda Bear Claw HTR's on the stock wheels then 1.5" spacers all around and I still fit on the ORV trails here in Michigan. I think I measure out at 54-1/4" at the widest on the front (side-wall tread lug to side-wall tread lug).

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It worked good. Measurements were 49.5” with the stock wheel and tires.
Looks iry close to what Honda said.

Do u have a gate thats 50” where your going to get to the trails?

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Are you going to be riding your machine somewhere that has "exactly" 50-inch gates to go through? If not, you should be OK on ORV trails. I added 26x9R-12 front and 26x11R-12 rears of Kenda Bear Claw HTR's on the stock wheels then 1.5" spacers all around and I still fit on the ORV trails here in Michigan. I think I measure out at 54-1/4" at the widest on the front (side-wall tread lug to side-wall tread lug).

Looks iry close to what Honda said.

Do u have a gate thats 50” where your going to get to the trails?
We got trails that have cement barricades to keep the 50” rule in place because to many people with bigger machines kept breaking the rules. We also have some tree cops that like to measure machines, so I got to be careful what I do.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We got trails that have cement barricades to keep the 50” rule in place because to many people with bigger machines kept breaking the rules. We also have some tree cops that like to measure machines, so I got to be careful what I do.
That sucks!
looks like your stuck with stock then

Last edited:
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I rode Colorado trails this last summer and we rode a lot of 50" trails in Grand Mesa, then rode the Alpine loop and Imogene Pass. I ran 27" X 11" tires on the back and 27" X 9" tires on the front, both on stock rims. I easily made it through the 50" gates and the P500 seamed stable enough at trail speed. For the Alpine loop and Imogene Pass I put one and a half inch spacers all the way around. It only took an hour to put them on and the increased stability on the higher speed road/trails was well worth it. Spacers are great for allowing you to have stability while still giving the option to remove them to do higher speed and off camber rides.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
idcwby- I'll probably get flak for typing this, but when I first put the 26-inch tires on my P500 stock wheels, I did not have the spacers. and I thought it was perfectly stable. Now, I was not running top speed into corners nor side-hilling at 30 mph, but the relative flat ground around my property as well as the trails up north around my cabin, did not add to any "tippy-ness" of the machine while I was driving around at 20 ~ 25 mph. I think I was finding the limit of the suspension before I was going fast enough to tip. I also thought that the stiffer side-walls of the Bear Claws helped greatly with body-roll compared to the stock tires.

Now, yes, I have 1.5" spacers all around for I took the P500 out to Moab, UT in 2021 for a week of trail riding. All the "tippy" and "tip-over" talk on here convinced me to get spacers prior to that ride. And I'll say that I did not have any tippy issues from the width of the machine. Now, my choice of lines up Hamburger Hill and Widow Maker are another story, but that was balancing the P500 on 3 wheels or a rock under the belly skid.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!