Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
(how often to check torque)
Did u put some blue thread locker on the bolts? Fixed the issue with both my rigs with bead locks. One time torque. I dont run the ever so popular everyone has Terrabites cuz i like to be different, But it did salve the issues with my Carnivore’s on my Talon and my LT/MT’s on My P1

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
There was one particularly good thread about the Terrabite’s bead thickness (no idea how to find it). The gap in a bead lock wheel should be an industry standard, let’s say 15mm (just a guess). In that thread, new Terrabite’s were measuring ~16mm, that’s not enough clamping force to keep them from leaking. This is an old memory, but it’s the gist of what was discussed. I hope you got a good set - I believe the Terrabite is a great bang for the buck.

my+googlefu+is+strong.jpg

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did u put some blue thread locker on the bolts? Fixed the issue with both my rigs with bead locks. One time torque. I dont run the ever so popular everyone has Terrabites cuz i like to be different, But it did salve the issues with my Carnivore’s on my Talon and my LT/MT’s on My P1
Well you scored a 10 on the being different part! Just being Smitty! HaHA!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Based on that old thread, it sounds like RM increased the thickness of the beads 1.5 years ago compared to when @PaulF bought them 3.5 years ago. And he didn't say what beadlocks he had installed them on in 2018.

So here's to hoping the current TBs on Tusk beadlocks are an improvement. I'll be checking pressures more often for a while.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Based on that old thread, it sounds like RM increased the thickness of the beads 1.5 years ago compared to when @PaulF bought them 3.5 years ago. And he didn't say what beadlocks he had installed them on in 2018.

So here's to hoping the current TBs on Tusk beadlocks are an improvement. I'll be checking pressures more often for a while.
If you're running 10 ply my guess is you could probly run them @ 0PSI and you'll still have a stiff tire......😂😂😂

BigEarlX4

BigEarlX4

Jul 23, 2020
St. Helen, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X4 LV
I went with 31x10.50x15 LT Thunderer Trac mud tires. They ride and wear very well and grip like crazy on rocks, hard pack and sand. I put them on stock wheels and did not use spacers. I cannot tell a power loss, but it really helped with the jerky, touchy throttle that the stock 28's allow to happen. Now its a more controlled pedal and less jerky. 8psi front and 12psi rear.

20230329 195335 1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!