No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tire time...

Tried all of these in the same spot. Loose, dry sandy clay, damp clay, and rocks. These are all 1.9's. From worst to best...

Axial Maxxis Trepadors on RC4WD steel wheels

View attachment 248023

These are pretty much s*** all around. They are smaller, narrower, and the hardest compound of all the tires I have. They are the stock tires that come with the SCX10. They don't do anything well except be round. They will also last forever.

Pro-Line BFG KO2 (soft compound) on SSD steel wheels

View attachment 248024

These look the most "scale" and do okay on dry rock. They stiffen up pretty quick and then suck on everything if you get any sort of mud/clay in the tread. They have a wide foot print and do not clean out very well.

JConcepts Scorpios (Green compound) on SSD steel wheels

View attachment 248025

These are awesome on dry rock. Best of any tire I've used. They do okay on the loose stuff because the tread is spaced further apart than the PL KO2 but you still have to hit it with some wheel speed. They load up quick and struggle in damp clay. They don't harden up like the PL when they get a little mud in the tread.

JConcepts Landmines (Green compound) on SSD steel wheels

View attachment 248026

These are bonkers. They are good in everything. Clean out really well and can slow crawl over things the others would just spin on or have to hit with some wheel speed.
The Jconcept Landmines (green) 1.9 are the ones I bought. They are supposed to be 4.72 inches tall. I had seen recommendations of PB Blaster or WD 40 sprayed on them and wipe off after 3 minutes.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The Jconcept Landmines (green) 1.9 are the ones I bought. They are supposed to be 4.72 inches tall. I had seen recommendations of PB Blaster or WD 40 sprayed on them and wipe off after 3 minutes.
Yep, those work too as long as you don't forget to wipe it off.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Trying to psych myself up to paint this huge b****

PXL 20210110 165627883

PXL 20210110 165715504

Going to go dig up my old HVLP gun to spray the liquid mask in this thing

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
And may I ask for a friend what the benefits of this is over the cheap o that comes with the RTR kits?
A lot more control over the electronics. Most RTR radios just have the throttle and steering trims and sometimes a dual rate. The aftermarket radios allow for additional channels to be used on the receiver, throttle mixing, exponential, throttle and steering end points. For example, on my Futaba I have a switch set to 65% idle speed. I can flip the switch and it's like setting cruise control at 65% throttle. I also have ABS set to another switch that I can turn on. It's not very useful on the crawler but pretty cool on a race buggy. Biggest thing for me was to be able to set the throttle percentage. I have a profile on my radio for the X-Maxx that is set to 10% throttle so my kid can drive it around. I have a push button switch set to idle speed of 15% that she can press for a "turbo boost".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!