Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since Nov 3rd I unplugged all batteries after the last crawling secession. This Sunday my Grandson got into my office where I keep my 5 crawlers and was giving them a work out, I thought I would just fire them up, nope all 5 were dead? And were charged before unplugging the batteries for storage? But anyways charged and up and running today. I have a variety of Rock Crawlers, Losi Night Crawler, Enduro Gate Keeper 1;10, SCX 10 Toyota flat bead, ECX Temper 1:18 and the Jeep Wrangler JL 1/24 which is my lest favorite, not because of the size but the reliability of the ECS. Ok My nod goes to the Losi Night Crawler, but with the mods probably couldn't compete in tournaments, A very close second, maybe even a tie would go to the Enduro Gate Keeper, both are incredible trail buggies. The SCX10 Yota is a nice crawler as well, I just seem to like the rail buggies. The ECX Temper is crazy fast and I couldn't leave it stock and put the stock wheels and tires from the Losi on it, I love this 1:18 scale buggy, this brings up my lest favorite the Jeep Wrangler JL 1/24, junk ECS's

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Since Nov 3rd I unplugged all batteries after the last crawling secession. This Sunday my Grandson got into my office where I keep my 5 crawlers and was giving them a work out, I thought I would just fire them up, nope all 5 were dead? And were charged before unplugging the batteries for storage? But anyways charged and up and running today. I have a variety of Rock Crawlers, Losi Night Crawler, Enduro Gate Keeper 1;10, SCX 10 Toyota flat bead, ECX Temper 1:18 and the Jeep Wrangler JL 1/24 which is my lest favorite, not because of the size but the reliability of the ECS. Ok My nod goes to the Losi Night Crawler, but with the mods probably couldn't compete in tournaments, A very close second, maybe even a tie would go to the Enduro Gate Keeper, both are incredible trail buggies. The SCX10 Yota is a nice crawler as well, I just seem to like the rail buggies. The ECX Temper is crazy fast and I couldn't leave it stock and put the stock wheels and tires from the Losi on it, I love this 1:18 scale buggy, this brings up my lest favorite the Jeep Wrangler JL 1/24, junk ECS's
How ‘bout some pics Smitty? Line ‘em up and tell us which is which.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How ‘bout some pics Smitty? Line ‘em up and tell us which is which.
Here's a couple
IMG 5695

IMG 5693

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and NTCPrezJB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A special thanks goes out to @Adam490 for the Zebra paint job, I think it's one of a kind!
Hey @Adam490, I was thinking about buying this $900.00 builders kit, now I'm thinking about tricking out the Night Crawler, axels, two speed transmission ect. What would you recommend?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hey @Adam490, I was thinking about buying this $900.00 builders kit, now I'm thinking about tricking out the Night Crawler, axels, two speed transmission ect. What would you recommend?
Whatever floats your boat. What builders kit is $900? Vanquish? That's like 3 regular kits...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
  • Love
Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @JeremieBaker you had a chance to get your MAXX in the dirt yet? I bet it was fun?
I’ve had it out a few different places now. Skatepark was the most fun. The backyard of the new Bakery which is just construction zone dirt. The thing would throw roost like mad which was cool. I also had it it out on open soccer fields. That seems to have been a mistake as it ate the pinion gear in a hurry with all the traction in higher grass (3-ish inch maybe) combined with high speeds. One sudden stop sent it on an endo tumble for probably 20 yards. Pretty spectacular for an open field crash really. Lol. I have to get a new gear and then I can have more fun with it. The real unfortunate part is they released a version 2 of the truck this week. It has a longer wheelbase which should help tame the wheelies a bit. It also has the widening kit preinstalled which I paid an extra $45 for. If I would have known I would have waited and bought the v2 but I can’t be upset. It’s fun as is. I might just buy a v2 to go with it. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve had it out a few different places now. Skatepark was the most fun. The backyard of the new Bakery which is just construction zone dirt. The thing would throw roost like mad which was cool. I also had it it out on open soccer fields. That seems to have been a mistake as it ate the pinion gear in a hurry with all the traction in higher grass (3-ish inch maybe) combined with high speeds. One sudden stop sent it on an endo tumble for probably 20 yards. Pretty spectacular for an open field crash really. Lol. I have to get a new gear and then I can have more fun with it. The real unfortunate part is they released a version 2 of the truck this week. It has a longer wheelbase which should help tame the wheelies a bit. It also has the widening kit preinstalled which I paid an extra $45 for. If I would have known I would have waited and bought the v2 but I can’t be upset. It’s fun as is. I might just buy a v2 to go with it. Lol
The reviews I've read talks about slowing it down, but didn't say anything about stripping the pinion gear out.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Didn't you tell me you had a spare electrical part for the SC24? I just ordered another esc for the SC 24, The plugins are so small and I don't see that well any more.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't you tell me you had a spare electrical part for the SC24? I just ordered another esc for the SC 24, The plugins are so small and I don't see that well any more.
I have a spare motor or two for it.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wife has been grumping around about my RC's in my office, so,
IMG 5750
IMG 5751
IMG 5752
IMG 5752

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!