P500 Alternative Glove box

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
First, I’d like to say "I like what I see of Chooglin’s glove box he selling". In no way do I want to take away from his sales and/or idea. It just doesn’t make sense for us Canadians to buy one, with the exchange and shipping, it would be at the closer end of a $200cdn bill. So I started thinking out of the box and came up with a simple solution. I bought a universal boat stereo box (Pyle # PLMRCB3). It is water proof, plastic, a decent size ( I can get my big mitts in to it no problem), it’s cheap and install took less than a half hour. I unscrewed the small wire back piece and replaced it with a cut out piece of the dash. It has a rubber seal so all good. I even used a rivet to secure box to the factory bracket under the hood (just needs a slight bend to line up flush), so no movement at all. Box comes with a template, so easy pezy to cut out.
IMG 0210
IMG 0211
IMG 0209

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey, we are twins. lol No stereo for me. I might install a bluetooth speaker down the road but need the storage more.

Reactions: RevelDogs
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Hey, we are twins. lol No stereo for me. I might install a bluetooth speaker down the road but need the storage more.
I Agree storage is a problem on the 500. I am not one to bash hondas design but the lack of a glove box is probably the biggest oversight on the machine. They could have put that warning plate in a lot of other places. Even just a cubbyhole in that loction with no lid would be a big help.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
No glove box is a shortcoming on the 500, so is the sorry headlights. Neither should be acceptable on a machine as good as this.

Reactions: ncred02
RevelDogs

RevelDogs

Jun 29, 2017
Nanaimo BC
Ownership

1. 500
No glove box is a shortcoming on the 500, so is the sorry headlights. Neither should be acceptable on a machine as good as this.
Headlights crap too. Haven't been out at night yet but good to know Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!