P500 Aluminum Product's A-Arm Guards

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A-Arm guards came in today.. So far I have them powder coated a sheen black that matched the frame. Waiting on the mounting hardware to come out of the oven and hopefully get them on tomorrow.

Full
Full
Full

J

Jshell3

Nice. I've ordered A arm guards from Ricochet along with some underside floorboard protection.

But, I'm in the process of convincing my dad to get these from Aluminum Products you've got shown here.

The powder coat looks awesome.:)

Reactions: JTW and trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Those look sweet in black. Almost want to look into getting mine done now when they come in. Just not sure how costly it'd be. Any idea what a guy might have to pay for that?

Reactions: JTW
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Those look sweet in black. Almost want to look into getting mine done now when they come in. Just not sure how costly it'd be. Any idea what a guy might have to pay for that?

Back when I was doing it that would have ran around $200, but that was back in 08 so don't quote me on that one.. That price is really crazy to as I buy really good powder and I think 5lbs of it is around $20 and 5lbs will do that project probably 100 time over.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check around and see what the going rate is these days.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That was the whole reason I bought the Strong Made steel ones. The black matches everything.

J

Jshell3

My dad purchased fronts and rear from Aluminum Products.
Install go easy?

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My dad purchased fronts and rear from Aluminum Products.
Install go easy?

Yeah a couple of the nuts are in fun spots but 4 bolts on the front and 3 in the rear. I would say I probably had them on in 15-20 minutes.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Nice hitch...!
Might wanna exchange the hitch pin for a bolt and lock nut, they've been known to "fall off" on rides. We don't know if they are stolen or the ground causes folly... but at any rate, opportunistic sticky fingers rarely carry a wrench in their pockets.

Yeah it is just a multi purpose hitch that I came a crossed at Cabela's works well for me.

ATV TEK Trio Multi-Purpose Hitches : Cabela's

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Those are purdy. Looks sweet with the black.

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
is that an after market exhaust you have on?

willeh_ca

willeh_ca

Aug 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
Did you modify the fronts to clear the brake guards? I think the instructions that came with mine dictated that I had to lose the guards. Just curious if you modified them or they updated the design.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Did you modify the fronts to clear the brake guards? I think the instructions that came with mine dictated that I had to lose the guards. Just curious if you modified them or they updated the design.

They actually cleared for the most part the directions that came also said to remove them but I think it looks better with them on. I trimmed the bottom of them a bit to make sure they cleared and just left them on as I thought it looked better with them on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!