Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been a while since I've started a thread, or done anything to the machine either so figured I'd kill two birds...
Never thought I'd order soft doors as I never really needed them, we don't do much winter riding. Would still be nice to have for plowing but the way most of them install and operate, they wouldn't work on my machine. And at like $450 I'll pass. Then these Falcon Ridge doors popped up for $139, it was worth a shot even if I couldn't get them to work but they looked like they would sooo... Pretty straight forward install, most of it attaches with Velcro straps that are sewn in and wrap around the rops. The back has one sided Velcro and they supply some adhesive backed strips you apply to hold that in place. Ran most of mine behind the diamond plate, just removed the screws, tucked it in and replaced the screws. I did use one small piece of the sticky stuff behind the passenger side. Chances are in the summer you won't even see it. The other thing you have to do is screw in some snap heads, which will be visible so might remove those after winter. They don't seal great around all the accessory clamps and such but good enough for me.

Soft DoorsSoft Doors 1Soft Doors 2

While I was taking the time to install these I thought I'd also take the time to do something cool I've been kicking around a couple yrs. To set this machine up for plowing I install the full windshield, and when I take off the half shield, I lose my two led cubes that are mounted in it. Those are at a great height for plowing. I have the headlights tinted so they kind of suck. The small light bar on the bumper works great but when you lift the blade, it pretty much sucks as well. The one on the roof is overkill so I needed a mid height light to shine over the blade for winter. Now the scoop isn't just for bling, it has a function. :cool:
Positive I'm done now.

Scoop LightScoop Light On

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I always thought the same about the doors as well but after owning a set they're awesome for our climate. They extend the riding season, or at least make early spring/late fall rides much more comfortable. Heck.....last year the Mrs & I were driving D1.0 on tracks in our sweatshirts when it was 15*f outside with a little bit of heat, we had similar doors on D1.0

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good Trigger ! I may get these for later since its such a good price. But I don't have a windshield and my roof is homemade. What windshield and roof do you have ?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Maybe Done / Not Finished
( new created issue to address )
GET Hot then </> Bothered by condensation on the inside of winshield

Welcome to the senior SOS group ( slower >/< older >/< smarter ) & like comfort.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
at least make early spring/late fall rides much more comfortable.
Ed Zachary what I was thinking. They can be rolled back if it's warm but we've had more than a handful of rides that were uncomfortably cold. Even wearing heavy gear, your nose is running and eyes watering up. The full windshield takes care of most of it and that's enough for me but when the wife is shivering... for a buck fitty I said wth. We'll be riding the last weekend it Oct so we'll see how they do.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Ed Zachary what I was thinking. They can be rolled back if it's warm but we've had more than a handful of rides that were uncomfortably cold. Even wearing heavy gear, your nose is running and eyes watering up. The full windshield takes care of most of it and that's enough for me but when the wife is shivering... for a buck fitty I said wth. We'll be riding the last weekend it Oct so we'll see how they do.
If Mama ain't happy, no one is happy 😆

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well the wife is digging the doors. Went camping over the weekend and it was rainy and cold. Kept all the mud off of her and blocked a lot of the cold air. They're nowhere near sealed but better than what we normally deal with. Can't say I hated it either, made for a much more comfortable ride in those conditions. The zippers are kind of a pita and I can see them getting crusty and binding up over time.
Went on a night ride too and tested out the hood scoop light. It worked pretty good and wasn't too bright, that's what I wanted.
POIDH....

St Helen MuddySt Helen HillsSt Helen Reflection

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Well the wife is digging the doors. Went camping over the weekend and it was rainy and cold. Kept all the mud off of her and blocked a lot of the cold air. They're nowhere near sealed but better than what we normally deal with. Can't say I hated it either, made for a much more comfortable ride in those conditions. The zippers are kind of a pita and I can see them getting crusty and binding up over time.
Went on a night ride too and tested out the hood scoop light. It worked pretty good and wasn't too bright, that's what I wanted.
POIDH....

View attachment 408103View attachment 408104View attachment 408105
Wait.. is that dirt on Old Ironsides? 😲

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
POIDH....

View attachment 408103View attachment 408104View attachment 408105
Do you park under that tent at night? Does it keep a heavy dew off of the pioneer? I usually put a tarp over mine for the night when camping but maybe the tent world be better and easier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!