P500 Wiring a trickle charger to a KFI contactor.

idahoron

idahoron

May 3, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just got done wiring my KFI 4500 winch. I would like to put contacts on the battery to hook up a trickle charger. I'm thinking about using the KFI contactor instead of the battery. It would be much easier to plug in the trickle charger. Any reason a guy can't do that?

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just got done wiring my KFI 4500 winch. I would like to put contacts on the battery to hook up a trickle charger. I'm thinking about using the KFI contactor instead of the battery. It would be much easier to plug in the trickle charger. Any reason a guy can't do that?
Just hook it up the the battery with A plug on the side to plug in the trickle charger. I wouldnt hook it to that contactor. Dont over think it.
pic is on my P1. Had it on my P5 too.
btw, you have 3 post since joining in 17’ and no pics
of your rig!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
908E2481 5F8A 4D40 B753 19BFA21D1AB6

idahoron

idahoron

May 3, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It took me a long time to get one. I had an industrial accident in January 2019. After surgeries getting a utv was low on the need list. I was forced out of my job because of the accident in July 2019 afyer working there for 35 years.
I became a grave digger after that. Being a grave digger in a pandemic leaves no time to do anything. I left that job October 2021. I got my 2016 the first part of December.
We had a pretty tough winter and I haven't ridden it more than about 10 miles.
I got a new winch, and a set of wheels for Christmas. This picture was taken tge day I brought it home.
So here's my picture and my story. Not sure why that was an issue.

20211204 135931

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Like Remi suggested, depending on which trickle charger you use, wire in one of these and be done with it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So here's my picture and my story. Not sure why that was an issue.

View attachment 322722
It wasn't an issue, asking for pics is common internet behavior - everybody loves pictures. 😎

Although an unusual hook up, you can connect to any positive and ground connections that are always connected to the battery.

Reactions: idahoron
idahoron

idahoron

May 3, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It wasn't an issue, asking for pics is common internet behavior - everybody loves pictures. 😎

Although an unusual hook up, you can connect to any positive and ground connections that are always connected to the battery.
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to leave the rack on. The guy I got this buggy from was a miner and carried gear to his claim. I kind of like it but my dog box won't fit on the back.
I'm a little concerned that the higher weight might make it tippy.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Usable space is hard to come by, you could keep lighter stuff up there. However, the dog gets priority so I'd have to extend it up or build a box to fit under it.

advertisement
D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520
When I brought my P520 home, I noticed the dealer had wired a 2-pin SAE pigtail coming out of the battery box. Any of my several Battery Tenders will plug right in.

Thanks @trigger for the link to the panel mount socket. I plan to get one and wire it in place when I do my auxiliary battery installation. 👍

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!