P500 Finished Installing Rugged Power Steering, Need a Torque Spec

R

Rumbles1960

Jan 28, 2022
LaSalle, Ontario
Ownership

1. 520
I just finished installing the Rugged power steering kit on my 2022 P 520, a couple things to watch for is to shift the Power unit as far to the pass side as possible, I tightened things up where it seemed to want to be and I had the lower steering shaft coming into contact with the master cylinder and the brake light switch. To get a decent amount of clearance I had to shift the power unit over to the pass side as far as possible but this put a lot of pressure on the bottom steering shaft, so I decided to loosen the steering rack to help this by allowing it to shift a bit, does anyone have the torque spec for the 4 rack bolts? From what I know this is the same as a Tusk system, I agree with what I read prior to installation which is that it is more like a power assist than power steering but I think I prefer it over really light one finger steering.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!