P500 Power steering binding?

C

ClickInTheBox

Feb 5, 2022
MN
Ownership

1. 520
I ordered the super Atv kit and installed it. Nothing rubbing or hitting anywhere but it seems to bind on its self on the lower joints. Raises mounting bracket up half to inch when turning. Any know what I’m talking about and can offer help ?

Reactions: Buggyman
C

ClickInTheBox

Feb 5, 2022
MN
Ownership

1. 520
I ordered the super Atv kit and installed it. Nothing rubbing or hitting anywhere but it seems to bind on its self on the lower joints. Raises mounting bracket up half to inch when turning. Any know what I’m talking about and can offer help ?
Before anyone says do a search I did and well it’s easier to ask and you all need more posts to respond to anyway. :)

Reactions: Buggyman
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
It's super easy for the system to get a tiny bit lopsided one way or the other.
Forgot exactly how to fix it, but it was something like loosen up everything a little bit, make sure the control unit bracket is as far to the pass-side as you can get it, tighten that down.

Then like... do a couple back-an-forth's with the steering wheel so the linkages all kinda want to sit in the middle, and then tighten it up. I had the front end jacked up off the ground a bit to let it all settle a little easier.

That may or may not be how to do it, like I said I don't remember exactly, but I think it was something like that. I'm sure you'll get more responses tomorrow, with possibly more correct answers, lol.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It's standard on the P5. Such a small machine and tight tolerances, you're going to get some flex. Yrs ago when I installed mine I even called SATV to question what was going on and was told it was normal. I believe I loosened that bracket a little and turned the wheels full lock in both directions to observe the flex, found the middle of the road spot and cinched it down.

C

ClickInTheBox

Feb 5, 2022
MN
Ownership

1. 520
It's super easy for the system to get a tiny bit lopsided one way or the other.
Forgot exactly how to fix it, but it was something like loosen up everything a little bit, make sure the control unit bracket is as far to the pass-side as you can get it, tighten that down.

Then like... do a couple back-an-forth's with the steering wheel so the linkages all kinda want to sit in the middle, and then tighten it up. I had the front end jacked up off the ground a bit to let it all settle a little easier.

That may or may not be how to do it, like I said I don't remember exactly, but I think it was something like that. I'm sure you'll get more responses tomorrow, with possibly more correct answers, lol.
Thanks, will give that back try

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!