futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
They look the same, but with different stickers. They're not.

After driving 2 P5s with Tusk and 2 with EZS, there is a significant difference.

The Tusk has a firmer feel, less power assist.
The EZ Steer is a full power steering
feel.

Makes sense; the Tusk costs less, you get less power! 😀

Carry on . . .

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They look the same, but with different stickers. They're not.

After driving 2 P5s with Tusk and 2 with EZS, there is a significant difference.

The Tusk has a firmer feel, less power assist.
The EZ Steer is a full power steering
feel.

Makes sense; the Tusk costs less, you get less power! 😀

Carry on . . .
Any difference in tires or wheel/spacers (thinking track widths or ultimately leverage to overcome) between the machines?

Not saying they’re not different power steering motors…just curious if there’s a potential different explanation for the differences you felt. I have no skin in the game either way.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
EZ Steer on both my P5s. Same tires on both.
Tusk on @KyGal83 P5. Same tire.
Tusk on @Red500 P5. Different tire, but same feel as KyGal's.
I will say it is enough of a noticeable difference for me I am considering converting from Tusk to EZ steer. Wondering If I would only need to change out the “brain box” or the entire system?

Price difference was irrelevant to me when I initially purchased the Tusk. It was all that I could get during Covid. Yet another Covid purchase I am regretting.

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
EZ Steer on both my P5s. Same tires on both.
Tusk on @KyGal83 P5. Same tire.
Tusk on @Red500 P5. Different tire, but same feel as KyGal's.
Good additional information 👍🏻
Thanks! Definitely interesting as the general consensus always had seemed to be they were only different stickers.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
We had three of the buggies together at once, were switching drivers comparing shocks. Red500 commented on the steering difference.

KyGal and I have noticed it from the get-go, but never really brought it up to anyone. Not too many chances for P5 trail riders to get together; there aren't very many of us!

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I thought they were the same when I bought it so I went with the lower price. After driving yours I definitely noticed a difference. I do have 1.5" spacers on mine and my tires are slightly smaller but I think it is more than that. I've never had a problem with the tusk and I'm still happy with it so I will stick with it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!