P500 Been away to long

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Just checking after a long time away from site did nothing with E.R.V. last year but put a plow on it. Planning on doing some trail riding this year and I have parts coming to start an attempt at a 6x6 conversion for it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checking after a long time away from site did nothing with E.R.V. last year but put a plow on it. Planning on doing some trail riding this year and I have parts coming to start an attempt at a 6x6 conversion for it.
6x6 ... that sounds cool as hell. I'll be watching the progress.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So I have a bunch of parts coming in so I can start piecing the rear end together with the major difference being it will have a front diff so I can eventually have a locker in it but also engage/disengage it as needed. It will be removable as well but I doubt I'd remove it once installed because it will have a huge cargo area in back. I have two possible routes to power it but I won't know which way until I get deeper into it.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Got 4 packages of used parts in and they are looking pretty good, 2 hubs, 2 spindles, 2 upper and 2 lower A-arms and a box of MISC. hardware just waiting on the diff and the other box of MISC hardware. If only I could find an inexpensive rear frame section but I haven't seen one yet and making it from scratch may end up being better for this project anyway. Those boxes of MISC hardware are like gold when it comes time to find the right bolt.

This project will take me a while but I hope to get started fabricating it soon I need most of the major parts here and I need my P500 here at this house before I can really get into it pretty much in parts gathering mode right now.

Since I'll be using a front P500 diff in the addon with rear A-arms/spindles I'll have to play around with the axles I'll use, I want rear wheels on it and at the same width as stock but I think the front diff is wider than the rear diff so there may be a bit of searching for the right combination.

The power transfer is still going to be a piece of work but I'm not even going to worry about it until I get something somewhat built.

Reactions: Isaiah
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
With the number of people buying a new frame only to use the front half to fix crash damage i would think there are rear frames avalible cheap.
Or where you doing 2 sets of fronts?
Fc9e629f99754ffb88414d9e63148b0a

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
With the number of people buying a new frame only to use the front half to fix crash damage i would think there are rear frames avalible cheap.
Or where you doing 2 sets of fronts?
View attachment 202767
pretty much going to duplicate the rear suspension except for the front diff that is going in there so I can engage/disengage the extra wheels as needed but the frame area in front of the rear axle/diff will need to be a little longer than the stock section so I can space the tires out the way I want them and make the addon frame section lock into the stock frame.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!