moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can remember as a kid the excitement of not getting the cable, phone or lights shut off for a whole month solid!

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
......I can remember when people use to use CD's......lol J/K

Has anyone gotten the pleasure of using the outhouse at royal blue? its at the big cross trails headed to the waterfall on the north side.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When I was fairly young, my father and his buddy took me backpacking all over the country and up into western Canada. Many of the places we hiked into had just built brand new Outhouses. All of them were made of Cedar and no matter how bad the freeze dried food we ate was, it always smelled amazing inside. I asked a ranger why they made them from cedar and not some cheaper plywood. His response was, " because all of the Porcupines eat the glue from the veneers of the plywood". I then understood why the outhouse roof was half eaten. I don't know how those critters got up there, but it didn't stop us from enjoying those Solid Cedar s***ters.-- True story.
It did remind me of this not so true story;

Great book! I have a 1st printing.
https://www.amazon.com/Vanishing-American-Outhouse-Ronald-Barlow/dp/0140288686?tag=sxsweb24-20
Interesting topics you post on 100acre. Like some others have mentioned, I too have OH's on three properties. Two of the properties have indoor plumbing by now but I still maintain them for use when working out on the property and for posterity. In the region near my ranch you can still see an occasional upgrade outhouse built by the CCC for struggling Americans during the depression by the 2nd Roosevelt administration, very cool.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!