Amplifier mount locations

806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Good morning everyone; I was wondering where everyone has stored their amps on the talon; I’ve seen a couple on here…but there has to be more places….right?

I have a talon 1000x-4 LV, and purchased the NOAM audio, NUT5-S Quad system. Have the speakers where I want them…. Now I am trying to find a safe/dry-ish place to mount the amp. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
TIA
-Josh

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome From Michigan.
Id try someplace under the hood or under the seat. In my pioneer, I had your system. In these things its almost impossible bot to get anything wet unless its mounted on the bottom of your roof. Even then its tuff.

BTW, the forums Unwritten Gospel for new members with a first post. Since you didnt do the intro thread this is for your machine not the amp lol.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
avitar dosnt count ;)

806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I am at work; I’ll send progress pics on where I decide to place everything this afternoon!
That’s where I was considering placing it; behind the firewall under the hood, but the NOAM user Manual repetitively says that it has to be clean and dry despite being marine grade or it voids the warranty — that’s despite some people saying they have submerged theirs by accident and it was still functional.

Reactions: Remington
J

jaymohn

Aug 9, 2019
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put mine behind the passenger seat with a rubber flap hanging over top of it to keep most water/moisture a way from it. It's a tight fit but works and doesn't get too hot.

Reactions: 806TalonCRNA
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have a 21 R lv 2 I mounted my amp to the top of the glove box and made a larger rubber flap for firewall to keep mud and such away from. Them no issues since install a year ago.
Best part about this location is if you need to adjust or service amp just remove glove box from inside and do what you need without having it locked down somewhere else that could be limiting.

Last edited:
Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just bought the same system. Put mine under the drivers seat, zip tied it to the seat frame. Gonna put some plastic wrap around it for excess mud/moisture protection.

806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have a 21 R lv 2 I mounted my amp to the top of the glove box and made a larger rubber flap for firewall to keep mud and such away from. Them no issues since install a year ago.
Best part about this location is if you need to adjust or service amp just remove glove box from inside and do what you need without having it locked down somewhere else that could be limiting.

So you attached it to the inner part of the glove box that you can remove from the inside? But put it on the exterior of it behind the firewall under the hood?
By chance have any pictures?

Reactions: Remington
806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Just bought the same system. Put mine under the drivers seat, zip tied it to the seat frame. Gonna put some plastic wrap around it for excess mud/moisture protection.
That’s exactly where I was going to put it — but I noticed when I went through some water recently water came up through those holes under the seat — and I was babying it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am at work; I’ll send progress pics on where I decide to place everything this afternoon!
That’s where I was considering placing it; behind the firewall under the hood, but the NOAM user Manual repetitively says that it has to be clean and dry despite being marine grade or it voids the warranty — that’s despite some people saying they have submerged theirs by accident and it was still functional.
Yeah mine got wet alot even with mud and was fine. Some dielectric grease on all the connections helped too!

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
That’s exactly where I was going to put it — but I noticed when I went through some water recently water came up through those holes under the seat — and I was babying it.
I’ve only had water come about 6 inches from the bottom of the seat. Try to stay out of the deep stuff

806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
What did you used as the ‘rubber’ to keep it protected?

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ok ya I know my wording there was not the greatest....lol....
It is mounting on top of the removable glove box not inside so therefore it under the cowl really but for access you can remove the glove box it is attached to, to adjust or service as for pic I don't have any on me that shows it I will take some for you tonight. As for the rubber I went to lowes and got a roll of rubber tool box liner and cut what I needed used oem holes and push clips to install it.
Here some pics hope this helps

Ps is you are looking to relocate your gauge cluster to above steering wheel I make the relocation kits have a thread in talon accessories and mod section

20200514 191724 20201121 150629

Last edited:
806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
It is mounting on top of the removable glove box not inside so therefore it under the cowl really but for access you can remove the glove box it is attached to, to adjust or service as for pic I don't have any on me that shows it I will take some for you tonight. As for the rubber I went to lowes and got a roll of rubber tool box liner and cut what I needed used oem holes and push clips to install it.

Ps is you are looking to relocate your gauge cluster to above steering wheel I make the relocation kits have a thread in talon accessories and mod section

View attachment 300854 View attachment 300855
Gotcha! That’s awesome - I like that…. Probably what I will do!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That Talon is cleeeeeeeen!!!

Reactions: 806TalonCRNA
806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

I settled on installing the amp inside the glove box; drilling a small hole to bring all the connections through.

806TalonCRNA

806TalonCRNA

Oct 20, 2021
Amarillo
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

View attachment 300854

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!