ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If no pics, more details, please. How did they fail? Did they tear out (probably unlikely) or did they bend the stock bumper. Being as the clevis is 3/4" thick steel, I'd think it also unlikely that the clevis itself bent).

Since the upper portion of the bumper is kind of cantilevered up in space (no attach points above the winch, my plan to use a soft shackle on the bumper tubing doesn't look to have much promise either.

Thanks for any additional info.
Bent the bumper and almost tore through. Some guys have welded plates on the front or rear of the bumper to stiffen it up but with the winch being in such and awful location, I just ditched the stock bumper

Reactions: Lady01
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPS was kind enough to finally deliver my SATV Flip-Up Windshield; after an extra 1000 mile journey.

Got that installed, happy with the results.... no pictures, because everyone else already had one installed before I did 😆

With what I use the SxS for, I'm (probably?) nearing the end of my mods. I'll pick up a seat cover at some point so I can take the dog out with me, and not risk his nails ruining the seat. Will also pick up the updated intake plastic for under the hood. Other than that, I can't think of much else I'm going to do.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPS was kind enough to finally deliver my SATV Flip-Up Windshield; after an extra 1000 mile journey.

Got that installed, happy with the results.... no pictures, because everyone else already had one installed before I did 😆

With what I use the SxS for, I'm (probably?) nearing the end of my mods. I'll pick up a seat cover at some point so I can take the dog out with me, and not risk his nails ruining the seat. Will also pick up the updated intake plastic for under the hood. Other than that, I can't think of much else I'm going to do.
You’ll spend more than you ever thought possible.

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So yeah... the end of the mod thing didn't last long.

WFO SXS adjuster installed today. Seat covers got installed a few weeks ago...

Picked up a FactoryUTV skid plate off craigslist that'll go on in the next couple weeks.

Maybe I'm done then? Crap....

Took the buggy out a week ago. The mounts on the front bumper did their job for securing the SXS on the trailer. Was a rough road getting there and the SXS didn't fall off the trailer, so... there's that.

Reactions: WagginTail
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't updated for a while.....

Factory UTV Skid plate got installed - was a lot easier than I was expecting.

Also replaced my backup lights with a multi-light unit; gives me brake lights, running lights, backup lights and a "dome light" that lights up the back of the SXS fairly well when it's pitch black out. With the rack on the back covering the brake lights, I wanted something visible for when I'm on pavement.

Reactions: Smittyp
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That’s what I used; looks like it’s out of stock right now but there are likely other venders.
I know rigid makes one that looks amazing, but I’m a cheep SOB so I gave these a shot and they do what I need.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!