P1000 Another new Pioneer hit the trail today...

AirtimeAcres

AirtimeAcres

Nov 11, 2015
Got a call today from my friendly neighborhood Honda dealer, and all the accessories I ordered when buying my new "Airtime Acres Limo" pioneer came in already. Wow, that was quick (3 days), so Gayle and I drove right over and picked up the stuff. You all know what I'll be doing tomorrow...
The big stuff:
Glass windshield
Hard top
Bed Liner
Good thing we brought along the 5x8 utility trailer, as the three big things almost filled it up.

The small stuff:
A735C1A5 386C 42EF AAF1 A2F888634AB0

Here's a some random pictures of the electric Teryx4 parts.
cnc gear reduction housings...
8819BAB0 B5B4 4908 A586 08CB4D13FCB9

The watercooled rear dual motor and gearbox assembly and some of the batteries...
5FA5DB89 E5B2 434A B82C 1CA20CFC74E1

The rear dual motor assembly mounted in the chassis...
667F020E AA93 4BA6 B376 A7164BDB1979

Here's a couple of video clips showing the internals of one of the four custom gearboxes...

Last edited:
D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
Got a call today from my friendly neighborhood Honda dealer, and all the accessories I ordered when buying my new "Airtime Acres Limo" pioneer came in already. Wowa, that was quick (3 days), so Gayle and I drove right over and picked up the stuff. You all know what I'll be doing tomorrow...
The big stuff:
Glass windshield
Hard top
Bed Liner
Good thing we brought along the 5x8 utility trailer, as the three big things almost filled it up.

The small stuff:
A735C1A5 386C 42EF AAF1 A2F888634AB0

Here's a some random pictures of the electric Teryx4 parts.
cnc gear reduction housings...
8819BAB0 B5B4 4908 A586 08CB4D13FCB9

The watercooled rear dual motor and gearbox assembly and some of the batteries...
5FA5DB89 E5B2 434A B82C 1CA20CFC74E1

The rear dual motor assembly mounted in the chassis...
667F020E AA93 4BA6 B376 A7164BDB1979

Here's a couple of video clips showing the internals of one of the four custom gearboxes...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow, that is awesome. But you have made one big mistake. Now that we know you and your friend have mad skills and a P1000, we will expect lower gears for the subtrans very soon!

Really cool, thanks for sharing

Reactions: Stauvo
D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
Awesome machining, as an old retired machinist I just love seeing things like this. I only got a little cnc machining experience before I retired, it just continues to advance.
Dwight

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You sound a bit like us.beautiful land!!! Enjoy that rig we sure do! And congrats!

AirtimeAcres

AirtimeAcres

Nov 11, 2015
You sound a bit like us.beautiful land!!! Enjoy that rig we sure do! And congrats!

Thanks CP. Yes, we are enjoying this most excellent Pioneer (we call it "the buggy", for short). We use it nearly every day here on our forested property, mainly for people moving and small equipment (chain saws, weed wackers, etc), and it's been flawless so far, with about 150 miles on it now. My wife mentioned again yesterday how much she likes it.
I did find one missing cotter pin where the shift cable connects to the transmission, but the stiffness of the cable kept it from coming off by itself...
Randy

EDD2DB9A 9461 4FB6 A4EA 12DD3FA2E6DD

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks CP. Yes, we are enjoying this most excellent Pioneer (we call it "the buggy", for short). We use it nearly every day here on our forested property, mainly for people moving and small equipment (chain saws, weed wackers, etc), and it's been flawless so far, with about 150 miles on it now. My wife mentioned again yesterday how much she likes it.
I did find one missing cotter pin where the shift cable connects to the transmission, but the stiffness of the cable kept it from coming off by itself...
Randy

View attachment 13958
Randy

View attachment 13958
I'm glad you're enjoying it that's how it's supposed to be and it seems it's in good hands and will have a good life. Thanks for the heads up on that cotter pin I will check mine as well. If you need any help or questions or would just like to comment please stick around. There are helpful people on here that play with these feel free to ask any questions and thank you again for the heads up that's what this site is for. Thanks and enjoy

Last edited:
Rousseau

Rousseau

Jun 8, 2017
Central, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi fellow Honda drivers.
My wife Gayle and I finally bought a SxS yesterday, and took it for it's first ride on our 108 acre hilltop forest here in Oregon.
We were both impressed with this Pioneer 1000-5d, to say the least.
All the recent talk about "burnt clutches" doesn't scare me a bit, with how we plan to use this Honda.
As an understatement, I have a lot of Honda off-road vehicles, and they've all been most excellent.
We're looking forward to many years of pleasure giving rides in this machine to friends and family all over our forest...

Wife Gayle at the dealership, trying it on for size...
View attachment 13820

Got it home and drove it the mile up to our hilltop airstrip...It fits me really well..
View attachment 13821

Gayle likes how easy it is to drive. The dogs love it too...
View attachment 13822

Some friends came over today to cut some firewood...we took a break and went for a ride. Everyone had a good time...
View attachment 13823

Randy (and Gayle)
Brownsville, Oregon
Welcome! As a new member myself, I can say you will find a lot of valuable information on this site. Enjoy.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!