P1000 Another Novice 2nd Battery Install Thread

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I think u can use a jumper for 6 and 7 negative.

So, I jumped 6&7 and grounded to my fuse panel and 2&8 and ran to hot side of fuse panel and 3 went to my back lights. I think all is good now! If there is something I did wrong please feel free to chime in. I have 2 more switches to install at some point, 1 for radio and other for front bar light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondasxs
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Did you get it figured out?

Ya.
There are several different switch wiring layouts.

I think so but I think it would have been easier to install all the switches at one time so you can jump wires from one switch to another. I think! Lol

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
What were you missing? The ground wire back to the fuse block from the light grounds?

808ef8b6914059f08f003e58a9a53eab
I was trying to wire it like this.

I ended up having to jump 6&7 and 2&8. That made top light on switch light up all the time and bar comes on with switch on.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 206709
I was trying to wire it like this.

I ended up having to jump 6&7 and 2&8. That made top light on switch light up all the time and bar comes on with switch on.

Hmm. Must be a different brand of switch.
Good job pushing ahead and figuring it out!

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!