P500 Another shock option

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
For those that are considering uprading your shocks , there is another company that will be offering shocks for the 500. The beauty of these shocks is , you can adjust the compression and rebound separately!

In case you all missed this thread , go to post number 23

P1000 - Viking double adjustable shocks

Id certainly like to have rebound adjustment on the rear!
With our short wheelbase, the rear being pitched up makes it like a circus ride sometimes...

Reactions: Chooglin
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
You know what, these are tempting enough for me to actually consider buying.
I of course will look into them a bit more but they just make sense to me.

My 1st concerns are shock life overall, are they rebuildable and if so at what cost, and how much abuse can the limit straps take before they snap and frag an axle.

Reactions: Chooglin
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Just spit balling off the top of my head i wonder if these shocks together with something similar to the lift kit but geared more towards allowing longer A-arms to allow longer travel distance but keep it at or very near 50" .....still leaves the axle problem.....a narrower front diff with longer axles.....oh well just thinking....doesn't hurt to think.

EDIT:It really does start to snowball into an expensive venture.....I'm just a bit envious of the can am maverick's 10"F and 10.5"R suspension in a 50" width.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!