futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
While researching customers' satisfaction with JAKs Long Travel Kit, I came across one guy with it who had his buggy for sale (moved on to an Expedition). It slowly dawned on me that I could buy his, rather than purchase the kit, shocks, axles, tires, and wheels for Critter (my P500). So even though this thing was in Arizona, I decided to buy it (after much thought).

Super clean machine, with lots of nice stuff. The differences in riding desert vs woods/mountains is apparent in his build, though. I will still need to add some stuff.

It's a 2020 with 1000 miles. Honda roof, Clearly Tough windshield, Tusk rear panel, 2500lb Warn winch, LED headlights, 12" light bar, lighted side mirrors, rock lights, RB3 passenger grab bar, glove box, Kicker sound bar, tablet mount, 4gal rotopax tank, Weather Guard storage box, custom rack with 3" LED cubes, RB3 HD steering rack, Torq locker, JAKs Long Travel Kit, Demon axles, Walker Evans shocks, and Tensor 30x10x15 Regulators on Black Rhino Parker beadlock wheels. Also bought his 12' Big Tex 35SA trailer (with new tires and spare).

What it does not have, that I plan on adding: front bumper, larger winch, power steering, skid plate, Mudbusters kit, lighter tires on 14" wheels, possibly nerf bars. May do something different on the back to save weight, though it's really nice as is.

Gonna sell the tires and wheels, which hurts; they're really nice and very clean. Just too heavy for this machine.

I'm hoping to 'finish' my part of the build before taking it out and getting it muddy. I don't think it's ever seen any!

May sell one of my other P5s, but the Mrs. says keep 'em for now. Gotta love that!

20231229 085038
20231228 171751
20231228 100545

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While researching customers' satisfaction with JAKs Long Travel Kit, I came across one guy with it who had his buggy for sale (moved on to an Expedition). It slowly dawned on me that I could buy his, rather than purchase the kit, shocks, axles, tires, and wheels for Critter (my P500). So even though this thing was in Arizona, I decided to buy it (after much thought).

Super clean machine, with lots of nice stuff. The differences in riding desert vs woods/mountains is apparent in his build, though. I will still need to add some stuff.

It's a 2020 with 1000 miles. Honda roof, Clearly Tough windshield, Tusk rear panel, 2500lb Warn winch, LED headlights, 12" light bar, lighted side mirrors, rock lights, RB3 passenger grab bar, glove box, Kicker sound bar, tablet mount, 4gal rotopax tank, Weather Guard storage box, custom rack with 3" LED cubes, RB3 HD steering rack, Torq locker, JAKs Long Travel Kit, Demon axles, Walker Evans shocks, and Tensor 30x10x15 Regulators on Black Rhino Parker beadlock wheels. Also bought his 12' Big Tex 35SA trailer (with new tires and spare).

What is does not have, that I plan on adding: front bumper, larger winch, power steering, skid plate, Mudbusters kit, lighter tires on 14" wheels, possibly nerf bars. May do something different on the back to save weight, though it's really nice as is.

Gonna sell the tires and wheels, which hurts; they're really nice and very clean. Just too heavy for this machine.

I'm hoping to 'finish' my part of the build before taking it out and getting it muddy. I don't think it's ever seen any!

May sell one of my other P5s, but the Mrs. says keep 'em for now. Gotta love that!

View attachment 414191View attachment 414192View attachment 414193
Congrats on expanding the P5 Posse! You might officially have more invested in P5’s than @trigger just don’t tell us “I’m done”…we’ve heard that line too many times to believe it. 🤣

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

What is does not have, that I plan on adding: front bumper, larger winch, power steering, skid plate, Mudbusters kit, lighter tires on 14" wheels, possibly nerf bars. May do something different on the back to save weight, though it's really nice as is.

I saw that machine and was trying to talk my buddy into it before he bought his. One of the nicest p5 I have seen for sure . Congrats

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

NICE!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Congrats on expanding the P5 Posse! You might officially have more invested in P5’s than @trigger just don’t tell us “I’m done”…we’ve heard that line too many times to believe it. 🤣

I'm done (buying P5s)!

Very nice! That white looks fast too. 🏆

It does look it! 😅

Sweet!!!🤘 I bet that'll do very well in the snow..........😉

Might lose it!

I saw that machine and was trying to talk my buddy into it before he bought his. One of the nicest p5 I have seen for sure . Congrats

Thanks, M. And I thought my road trip was long. His would have been rough!
It was a few days of chatting with the guy before it occurred to me. I was just picking his brain about the LT kit. Really good guy.

That’s cool Futz!

Yeah, it's a really nice machine, and crazy clean.

That's BA Futz! On top of the money, someone put a lot of work into that machine. Why you getting rid of the tires? You said they're too heavy, is it a dog or something?

It's kinda sluggish, the shifts in auto mode sound strained. I worry about the clutches if I keep these.
Super good guy, particular about his stuff. Very nice build. I may cry at the first mud hole...

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I still wish Honda would make a fun mid-sized trail machine.

Before deciding to pay out for the long travel kit, and the other stuff that goes with it, I put some looong thought into buying something from another manufacturer.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats! It is a sweet ride, and crazy clean! I hope this is everything you want and more. Gonna be a fun build to see for sure!

I'm done (buying P5s)!
I believe you said this after you bought the 520. So we shall see… 🤣

Before deciding to pay out for the long travel kit, and the other stuff that goes with it, I put some looong thought into buying something from another manufacturer.
Yes, you did! You looked for every option and came up short. This just might be the solution you are searching for. 🤞🏻… Honda gets off their laurels .. SOON!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

Yea Honda is kind of pig headed about some stuff. Have been for some time. Seem to be the last to game a lot. Even with the bikes. Name will only go so far for so long. Even a company like CF moto has really upped there game for the belt drives and would probably buy one over a polaris. Yes, I actually meant to say that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!