futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Threw the 4+3 27s on for gits and shiggles. Put the WEs on softest setting.

... yum ...

20240108 141051

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
For 30s, I've considered Carnivores, Klevers, Terra Hooks, and Terra Bites.
I just can't talk myself into any of them, much as I've tried.

Still leaning toward HTRs in 28s.
The Bearclaw has most certainly proven itself to me on this platform, in my application. Absolutely love it ... but they don't make it in a 30...

advertisement
R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
While researching customers' satisfaction with JAKs Long Travel Kit, I came across one guy with it who had his buggy for sale (moved on to an Expedition). It slowly dawned on me that I could buy his, rather than purchase the kit, shocks, axles, tires, and wheels for Critter (my P500). So even though this thing was in Arizona, I decided to buy it (after much thought).

Super clean machine, with lots of nice stuff. The differences in riding desert vs woods/mountains is apparent in his build, though. I will still need to add some stuff.

It's a 2020 with 1000 miles. Honda roof, Clearly Tough windshield, Tusk rear panel, 2500lb Warn winch, LED headlights, 12" light bar, lighted side mirrors, rock lights, RB3 passenger grab bar, glove box, Kicker sound bar, tablet mount, 4gal rotopax tank, Weather Guard storage box, custom rack with 3" LED cubes, RB3 HD steering rack, Torq locker, JAKs Long Travel Kit, Demon axles, Walker Evans shocks, and Tensor 30x10x15 Regulators on Black Rhino Parker beadlock wheels. Also bought his 12' Big Tex 35SA trailer (with new tires and spare).

What it does not have, that I plan on adding: front bumper, larger winch, power steering, skid plate, Mudbusters kit, lighter tires on 14" wheels, possibly nerf bars. May do something different on the back to save weight, though it's really nice as is.

Gonna sell the tires and wheels, which hurts; they're really nice and very clean. Just too heavy for this machine.

I'm hoping to 'finish' my part of the build before taking it out and getting it muddy. I don't think it's ever seen any!

May sell one of my other P5s, but the Mrs. says keep 'em for now. Gotta love that!

View attachment 414191View attachment 414192View attachment 414193
How much are you gonna sell the tires and wheels for and how much did you pick this 500 up for??

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I didn't even know when the white was offered. This one started out camo, he bought the white panels after.
I think the white were on the electric version made for the LVPD....yup, that was a thing. Not sure they ever offered white to the general public

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I like it Futzin. The white looks good. How bout same size all around for appearance. They look good with 10’s on all four

Agreed, but 30s tend to be heavier. Don't think there's 28x10x14s. The tire and wheel decision is kinda on the back burner. It's gonna be hard for me to deviate from the HTRs, I like em that much. Excellent traction in a comparatively lightweight 8ply radial. With so little power I don't really want to sacrifice traction. And I want to measure hub-to-hub to see the exact widths front and rear with these arms.
A 6+1 offset non beadlock wheel seems to be pretty scarce. Found one or two.
Just ordered power steering, skid plate, winch. Probably front bumper tomorrow. First step is to remove a couple things; the small winch and light bar. And I now have my second under-hood storage container I can't use! :rolleyes:

Planning on getting into it this week. Stay tuned for questions, no doubt!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!