futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
power steering, winch, front bumper, front Mudbusters installed. Installed an Auxbeam 8 controller, loving it. Wired in the lighted mirrors, horn, whip lights.

Still a lot to do: rock lights, rear cube lights, rear Mudbusters kit, skid plate, correct the dealer snafu on ROPS, clean/replace air filter, prolly do a Moose hitch and Honda rear bumper. Still leaning toward Milwaukee Packouts on two plates for gear. Decide which tires/wheels . . .

Take Critter for rides . . . 😁

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
power steering, winch, front bumper, front Mudbusters installed. Installed an Auxbeam 8 controller, loving it. Wired in the lighted mirrors, horn, whip lights.

Still a lot to do: rock lights, rear cube lights, rear Mudbusters kit, skid plate, correct the dealer snafu on ROPS, clean/replace air filter, prolly do a Moose hitch and Honda rear bumper. Still leaning toward Milwaukee Packouts on two plates for gear. Decide which tires/wheels . . .

Take Critter for rides . . . 😁
Prophylactic gussets? 😁

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
rock lights wrapped up; rear cubes up next . . .

20240307 13433820240307 134320

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
@The Green Goat, any tips for mounting/wiring lights to the roof?
Yea. Don't do it.

@Hondasxs takes pride in his part in ripping them off. 😂

Most of mine have been traumatically removed. I will be removing the last survivor before TO and coming up with something else.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
My plan is for cube lights on the rear corners of the Honda roof. Seems harmless enough, no?
Probably. My reverse lights have survived and will probably stay. They are tucked down below the roofline though.

As for wiring, I drilled an entrance and exit hole in my ROPS and ran the wire through the tube. I'll let you know how big of a mistake that was if I ever roll it and do a surprise integrity test.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Probably. My reverse lights have survived and will probably stay. They are tucked down below the roofline though.

As for wiring, I drilled an entrance and exit hole in my ROPS and ran the wire through the tube. I'll let you know how big of a mistake that was if I ever roll it and do a surprise integrity test.

Did you run the wire through the roof (additional hole)?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My plan is for cube lights on the rear corners of the Honda roof. Seems harmless enough, no?
I've had lights mounted to my roof from the get go and the only problem I've ever had was due to the supplied bolts into the aluminum light housing backing out. That was fixed with the Jak threaded rod mod. I have two small bars and a second brake light on the rear that are under and behind the roof line. Using fender washers or backing plates will keep them secure enough to the roof plastic. Mine have taken major hits and will mess with the aim but have never came off.

VisorSnorkel Intakes

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
planning on a backing fender washer, yep. Not planning on routing wire through ROPS. Planning on dropping it down along the outside of ROPS, then underneath with the other stuff (whips, rear rocks, main cables). These cubes will be 'work lights', not reverse lights.

I do have a secondary mounting option in mind, just maybe. At the cargo platform level . . .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
planning on a backing fender washer, yep. Not planning on routing wire through ROPS. Planning on dropping it down along the outside of ROPS, then underneath with the other stuff (whips, rear rocks, main cables). These cubes will be 'work lights', not reverse lights.

I do have a secondary mounting option in mind, just maybe. At the cargo platform level . . .
Yeah I don't wires through the roof or the rops. I always take it to the nearest edge. The one in the front has taken some pretty good digs to the casing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!