NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed, but 30s tend to be heavier. Don't think there's 28x10x14s. The tire and wheel decision is kinda on the back burner. It's gonna be hard for me to deviate from the HTRs, I like em that much. Excellent traction in a comparatively lightweight 8ply radial. With so little power I don't really want to sacrifice traction. And I want to measure hub-to-hub to see the exact widths front and rear with these arms.
A 6+1 offset non beadlock wheel seems to be pretty scarce. Found one or two.
Just ordered power steering, skid plate, winch. Probably front bumper tomorrow. First step is to remove a couple things; the small winch and light bar. And I now have my second under-hood storage container I can't use! :rolleyes:

Planning on getting into it this week. Stay tuned for questions, no doubt!
There will be a TO swap meet type of thread. You might be able to find your underhood storage a new home.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Agreed, but 30s tend to be heavier. Don't think there's 28x10x14s. The tire and wheel decision is kinda on the back burner. It's gonna be hard for me to deviate from the HTRs, I like em that much. Excellent traction in a comparatively lightweight 8ply radial. With so little power I don't really want to sacrifice traction. And I want to measure hub-to-hub to see the exact widths front and rear with these arms.
A 6+1 offset non beadlock wheel seems to be pretty scarce. Found one or two.
Just ordered power steering, skid plate, winch. Probably front bumper tomorrow. First step is to remove a couple things; the small winch and light bar. And I now have my second under-hood storage container I can't use! :rolleyes:

Planning on getting into it this week. Stay tuned for questions, no doubt!
have you considered the megabites? Priced right. I like them better than the bighorns. Just a little more aggressive than the terra bites

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have another set that has never even been mounted that will probably go on another SXS when or If decide to pull the trigger. Good all around but better in the mud than I thought they would be.

The HTRs are absolutely excellent in the mud. Even with so little power, I very rarely have to spin them in a mud hole.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
The HTRs are absolutely excellent in the mud. Even with so little power, I very rarely have to spin them in a mud hole.
How do you keep from spinning them with the P5? It's all I can do to keep from breaking my k9's loose...

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say that I most always crawl through holes, while I watch some go through them pretty fast for fear of getting stuck. ;)

I think flotation has much to do with it as well. When I had my Rincon, the tires on it were square and pretty heavy. Would send me straight to the bottom, felt like. Much spinning, no go. Very eye opening; had trouble (stuck) in spots where no trouble in my P5s or my Foreman (on Bighorn clones).

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say that I most always crawl through holes, while I watch some go through them pretty fast for fear of getting stuck. ;)
I used that skinny pedal on the P5 as an on/off switch. The rev limiter was well tested on mine. 🤣🤣🤣

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Current status:

Removed stock skid plates, seats, floor board, tool box, metal rack, winch, rock lights, light bar, sound bar. Still a couple things to disconnect.

Changed diff fluids, need to clean air filter.

Next, several items to rewire and reinstall, install winch and Strong Made front bumper, power steering.

BTW, I'm considering Packouts for the rear rack if anyone wants to chime in on that. Would like to keep the 4gal Rotopax.

Also considering ITP Blackwater Evolution tires, 30x10x14.

Last edited:
advertisement
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Current status:

Removed stock skid plates, seats, floor board, tool box, metal rack, winch, rock lights, light bar, sound bar. Still a couple things to disconnect.

Changed diff fluids, need to clean air filter.

Next, several items to rewire and reinstall, install winch and Strong Made front bumper, power steering.

BTW, I'm considering Packouts for the rear rack if anyone wants to chime in on that. Would like to keep the 4gal Rotopax.

Also considering ITP Blackwater Evolution tires, 30x10x14.
33lbs for a 30 inch tire is pretty good. I have heard they do pretty good on rocks also

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!