futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Yeah I don't wires through the roof or the rops. I always take it to the nearest edge. The one in the front has taken some pretty good digs to the casing.

Thanks, I may do that as well.

Every time I see your rig, or pics of it, I'm in awe of the depth, detail and professionalism of your build. Once again: Bravo!
And, how about more pics of your trailer?? That gets overlooked . . .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I may do that as well.

Every time I see your rig, or pics of it, I'm in awe of the depth, detail and professionalism of your build. Once again: Bravo!
And, how about more pics of your trailer?? That gets overlooked . . .
Thanks Futz! Which trailer, the Toad or the enclosed?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I try not to do many photo drops in other peoples threads but it is your thread so...

Toad Drivers SideToad InsideToad PassengerToad RearTO10

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Think about this . We never got stuck and had to be winched while others with more substantial machines did :):):):)

I still don't know how I climbed that spot where I'd previously gotten temporarily hung up going downhill. 🤔
You were behind me; I should have watched you. Apparently you walked it . . .

I think that may be at the beginning of what they call 'Cliffhanger' . . . ?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I still don't know how I climbed that spot where I'd previously gotten temporarily hung up going downhill. 🤔
You were behind me; I should have watched you. Apparently you walked it . . .

I think that may be at the beginning of what they call 'Cliffhanger' . . . ?
What you didn't see was before I went up it I went to put it in 4wheel lock and put in reverse by accident. Then when I stomped the gas pedal scared the crap out of the people behind me. I thought my foot was gonna go through the floor with how hard I was on the brakes just not to hit them. I couldn't help but laugh. Yelled back and said I meant to do that. Good time for sure

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
What you didn't see was before I went up it I went to put it in 4wheel lock and put in reverse by accident. Then when I stomped the gas pedal scared the crap out of the people behind me. I thought my foot was gonna go through the floor with how hard I was on the brakes just not to hit them. I couldn't help but laugh. Yelled back and said I meant to do that. Good time for sure

Love it! 😅

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I think both are very underrated

They're tough and durable, but not meant to be trail machines really. Not many people mess with them when there are so many other manufacturers addressing the demand of trail riders. Pioneers are primarily utility machines, though the P1K is adapting slowly.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
They're tough and durable, but not meant to be trail machines really. Not many people mess with them when there are so many other manufacturers addressing the demand of trail riders. Pioneers are primarily utility machines, though the P1K is adapting slowly.
yea mine is a utility first then trail. At least that what I keep telling myself.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Decided against the cubes on rear of roof.
Got sidetracked by revamping Critter's skid mounts. Finished that today.
Piddled with layout of Packout mounts on the Honda cargo tray. I think it'll work.
Installed Honda rear bumper and Moose hitch. Had to do something to it . . .

20240318 160135

Next up will be layout and prep for skid plates, but I've got a little more wire to run before install. I liked the plus nuts, so I'll use those here as well. Prolly will redo the 520 with them too. Too much of a hurry; didn't listen to those that said take the time to do it right. Self-tappers are temporary . . .

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Getting antsy to get this this thing on the trails.

Remaining: Honda tray, Packout mounts, rear cubes, skid plate, nerf bars, tires/wheels. A few odds and ends . . .

Trying to decide between a true(ish) 28x10x14 or a short 30x10x14 (both sizes are available as a 12" 🤔). I will be at 60 or 61" wide. My heart wants the "30" (29+), but my head says 28s. If I end up not liking this tire, or the 28" size, I can put them on Critter with the SATV forward a-arms. So . . . ??

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Getting antsy to get this this thing on the trails.

Remaining: Honda tray, Packout mounts, rear cubes, skid plate, nerf bars, tires/wheels. A few odds and ends . . .

Trying to decide between a true(ish) 28x10x14 or a short 30x10x14 (both sizes are available as a 12" 🤔). I will be at 60 or 61" wide. My heart wants the "30" (29+), but my head says 28s. If I end up not liking this tire, or the 28" size, I can put them on Critter with the SATV forward a-arms. So . . . ??
what tire have decided on? Blackwater?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!