Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
looks like the people who run them are running limiting straps. Im debating on selling my front fox and going with these or getting rear fox.. people are speaking very highly of these

Reactions: BWAF
814utvsuspension

814utvsuspension

Jun 4, 2018
Philipsburg, Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey Guys, Craig here from 814 UTV suspension. I had a few guys running my shocks steer me here to this forum to answer questions regarding 814 shocks. We have had great success with the Pioneer 1000 & 700 (currently designing a kit for the 500). With these shocks you gain approx. double the wheel travel along with having the ability to tune both compression and rebound individually to cater to your individual riding style and cargo being hauled. If you guys have any questions please feel free to pm me or if your on facebook we have a group page 814 utv suspension dedicated to these shocks with reviews from customers running them.

Reactions: Mopower58 and BWAF
Muttly

Muttly

Sep 2, 2017
Mid MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Guys, Craig here from 814 UTV suspension. I had a few guys running my shocks steer me here to this forum to answer questions regarding 814 shocks. We have had great success with the Pioneer 1000 & 700 (currently designing a kit for the 500). With these shocks you gain approx. double the wheel travel along with having the ability to tune both compression and rebound individually to cater to your individual riding style and cargo being hauled. If you guys have any questions please feel free to pm me or if your on facebook we have a group page 814 utv suspension dedicated to these shocks with reviews from customers running them.

Welcome Craig,

UPS should be dropping off my shocks TODAY.

Look for pictures from me soon.

-Matt

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome Craig,

UPS should be dropping off my shocks TODAY.

Look for pictures from me soon.

-Matt
You get all 4 and how much

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Four shocks $1,125 shipped to my door, also need longer bolts and limiter straps, I'm in it under $1,300, you can do it cheaper with cable straps.
Post pics when you get them on and how you did your straps

J

JTW

Four shocks $1,125 shipped to my door, also need longer bolts and limiter straps, I'm in it under $1,300, you can do it cheaper with cable straps.
That’s the same money as the Foxes... what’s the advantage here?

814utvsuspension

814utvsuspension

Jun 4, 2018
Philipsburg, Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
814 shocks have approx. double the amount of available wheel travel -vs- Fox, They are also double adjustable meaning you can tune the compression and rebound dampening of the shocks individually. This is huge for the Pioneer application in that you can virtually tune all of the body roll out with the rebound dampening. The 814 shocks will also give you 2-3" of lift without sacrificing ride quality.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You cannot buy a new set of foxes for under 1300.00 shipped to your door. More like 1400.00.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
814 shocks have approx. double the amount of available wheel travel -vs- Fox, They are also double adjustable meaning you can tune the compression and rebound dampening of the shocks individually. This is huge for the Pioneer application in that you can virtually tune all of the body roll out with the rebound dampening. The 814 shocks will also give you 2-3" of lift without sacrificing ride quality.

Can you get them WITHOUT the extra lift?

814utvsuspension

814utvsuspension

Jun 4, 2018
Philipsburg, Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can you get them WITHOUT the extra lift?
The "lift" isn't built into the shocks. It comes from having more travel, specifically more downtravel coupled with the upgraded spring rates. The only way you could run them at factory height would be to limit down travel(run shorter limit straps). You would be able to be at approx. 1 1/2" higher than factory with no mods. anything under that would require a shorter limit strap. If you want to discuss in detail feel free to contact me at 814-339-5533.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "lift" isn't built into the shocks. It comes from having more travel, specifically more downtravel coupled with the upgraded spring rates. The only way you could run them at factory height would be to limit down travel(run shorter limit straps). You would be able to be at approx. 1 1/2" higher than factory with no mods. anything under that would require a shorter limit strap. If you want to discuss in detail feel free to contact me at 814-339-5533.

The rebound AND compression adjustments are great but, I really don’t want lift because it would make it more tippy. So it’s a deal breaker for me, I’m sure a lot of others will want the lift though.

I’ll have to stick with the Fox for now.

814utvsuspension

814utvsuspension

Jun 4, 2018
Philipsburg, Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The rebound AND compression adjustments are great but, I really don’t want lift because it would make it more tippy. So it’s a deal breaker for me, I’m sure a lot of others will want the lift though.

I’ll have to stick with the Fox for now.
Actually just the opposite is true, When you can adjust rebound dampening you can tune out all or most of the body roll which causes the pioneer to roll over. I know most of the members on here aren't on facebook but there are many reviews on our group page on how stable these machines become with the upgraded spring rates and the ability to eliminate the body roll even when you raise the ride height.

Reactions: Mopower58 and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually just the opposite is true, When you can adjust rebound dampening you can tune out all or most of the body roll which causes the pioneer to roll over. I know most of the members on here aren't on facebook but there are many reviews on our group page on how stable these machines become with the upgraded spring rates and the ability to eliminate the body roll even when you raise the ride height.
While there can be an argument made in favor of that we`ve had that discussion in a different thread and there was no winner, simply because rarely are 2 machines the same after we've modified them. I understand the concept of that but the execution is not my knowledge base.

Please understand, I am not rejecting your shocks(with the 1.5 of lift) based on a wealth of knowledge on the subject but rather a lack thereof and fear of dropping $1400, and off loading "the devil I know" Fox Shocks and factory ride height, for not being able to set them up correctly and it being top heavy. I have mine on video traversing a 36* drivers side slope, and that's the first time I've felt like it was gonna roll on me, I was expediting my ROPS tree to tree.

I am not a mudder, my build thread is titled "Rock Donkey" not "Swamp Donkey" for a reason. So high a center of mass is my enemy.

I think better explaing to the average layman would be good.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
While there can be an argument made in favor of that we`ve had that discussion in a different thread and there was no winner, simply because rarely are 2 machines the same after we've modified them. I understand the concept of that but the execution is not my knowledge base.

Please understand, I am not rejecting your shocks(with the 1.5 of lift) based on a wealth of knowledge on the subject but rather a lack thereof and fear of dropping $1400, and off loading "the devil I know" Fox Shocks and factory ride height, for not being able to set them up correctly and it being top heavy. I have mine on video traversing a 36* drivers side slope, and that's the first time I've felt like it was gonna roll on me, I was expediting my ROPS tree to tree.

I am not a mudder, my build thread is titled "Rock Donkey" not "Swamp Donkey" for a reason. So high a center of mass is my enemy.

I think better explaing to the average layman would be goid.
Was wondering when someone was going to say it like that.

J

JTW

You cannot buy a new set of foxes for under 1300.00 shipped to your door. More like 1400.00.
And yet that’s exactly what I paid for them shipped to my door. As did a whole host of other guys here on the forum.

J

JTW

Hummm... I would have thought the travel would have been limited by the fender-well? Guess I’m missing something.. unless you’re saying you gain that extra travel downward? Either way I like the idea of tuning out the body roll. That would be nice! Regardless, I’m glad to see more options avalible!

Reactions: X4Dice and BWAF
Muttly

Muttly

Sep 2, 2017
Mid MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Who doesn't like pictures?

Note- someone was in a hurry with the power washer and did a half ass job.

First issue-- rear stock a-arm mount needs a trim:

P6043773

Trimmed, blended, primer and painted:

Rear trim

Fronts were good to go, spent some time trying to get my cheap snap ring pliers to work, my good sets were too large for the shocks, ended up filing down a pair of knipix to work... Wasted a lot of time

Picture of 814 next to stock front:

P6043776

Rears mounted up, I think I could crank them up just a touch still: (Note: muffler heat issue melting orv stickers :))

P6053781

Fronts on, plenty of clearance on everything:
P6053783

Bolts I picked up- I really only needed 8 nylocs but wasn't sure how I'd run it, needed spacers as the shank of the bolt didn't have enough thread to put nuts on tight to the mounts under the straps.That was all of the stainless metric washers they had. I cut spacers about 3/4 '" long from some tube I had in the scrap bin.
P6053792

After a couple of test runs thru a freshly baled hay field, wow what an improvement. I started at the recommended 6 & 8 clicks on all the shocks and it is great, body roll is reduced, it is way smoother on the rough patches, can't wait to really test it out.
P6053796
P6053798

I'm going to run them a little harder tomorrow night and re-measure and check everything, then decide on final heights and adjustments.

Right now my fronts are at 17-3/4" and rears 18-3/8" center to center on the mounting bolts.

Catch up tomorrow, I need some dinner and sleep.

Edit to clean up a little View attachment 77917 Rear trim

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who doesn't like pictures?

Note- someone was in a hurry with the power washer and did a half ass job.

First issue-- rear stock a-arm mount needs a trim:

View attachment 77909

Trimmed, blended, primer and painted:

View attachment 77926

Fronts were good to go, spent some time trying to get my cheap snap ring pliers to work, my good sets were too large for the shocks, ended up filing down a pair of knipix to work... Wasted a lot of time

Picture of 814 next to stock front:

View attachment 77910

Rears mounted up, I think I could crank them up just a touch still: (Note: muffler heat issue melting orv stickers :))

View attachment 77915

Fronts on, plenty of clearance on everything:
View attachment 77916

Bolts I picked up- I really only needed 8 nylocs but wasn't sure how I'd run it, needed spacers as the shank of the bolt didn't have enough thread to put nuts on tight to the mounts under the straps.That was all of the stainless metric washers they had. I cut spacers about 3/4 '" long from some tube I had in the scrap bin.
View attachment 77925

After a couple of test runs thru a freshly baled hay field, wow what an improvement. I started at the recommended 6 & 8 clicks on all the shocks and it is great, body roll is reduced, it is way smoother on the rough patches, can't wait to really test it out.
View attachment 77918 View attachment 77919

I'm going to run them a little harder tomorrow night and re-measure and check everything, then decide on final heights and adjustments.

Right now my fronts are at 17-3/4" and rears 18-3/8" center to center on the mounting bolts.

Catch up tomorrow, I need some dinner and sleep.

Edit to clean up a little View attachment 77917 View attachment 77920
How much height did you gain

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!