BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
currently I'm 3/4" higher in front and 1/4" lower in back, but I'm not done tweaking...
That's what I wanted to know I don't want to add any lift it'll just prematurely wear things out

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Who doesn't like pictures?

Note- someone was in a hurry with the power washer and did a half ass job.

First issue-- rear stock a-arm mount needs a trim:

View attachment 77909

Trimmed, blended, primer and painted:

View attachment 77926

Fronts were good to go, spent some time trying to get my cheap snap ring pliers to work, my good sets were too large for the shocks, ended up filing down a pair of knipix to work... Wasted a lot of time

Picture of 814 next to stock front:

View attachment 77910

Rears mounted up, I think I could crank them up just a touch still: (Note: muffler heat issue melting orv stickers :))

View attachment 77915

Fronts on, plenty of clearance on everything:
View attachment 77916

Bolts I picked up- I really only needed 8 nylocs but wasn't sure how I'd run it, needed spacers as the shank of the bolt didn't have enough thread to put nuts on tight to the mounts under the straps.That was all of the stainless metric washers they had. I cut spacers about 3/4 '" long from some tube I had in the scrap bin.
View attachment 77925

After a couple of test runs thru a freshly baled hay field, wow what an improvement. I started at the recommended 6 & 8 clicks on all the shocks and it is great, body roll is reduced, it is way smoother on the rough patches, can't wait to really test it out.
View attachment 77918 View attachment 77919

I'm going to run them a little harder tomorrow night and re-measure and check everything, then decide on final heights and adjustments.

Right now my fronts are at 17-3/4" and rears 18-3/8" center to center on the mounting bolts.

Catch up tomorrow, I need some dinner and sleep.

Edit to clean up a little View attachment 77917 View attachment 77920
I don't get the limiting straps, the shocks don't look any longer?

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They will over travel/down. King shocks uses the same concept FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I looked at a Textron Havoc that didt'nt have straps on the Kings?

Reactions: BWAF
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Not trying to be a butt, but read this real slow?????????????????? REALY?

All good man, I don’t think your being a butt. All that limits our travel is the shock on the Honda’s, there are no bump stops, there are no limiting straps. I do understand the p500 stock shock is a piece of s*** and limits the machine, I’m thinking more along the lines of the long arm kit and aftermarket shock set up by Joe and what would be possible with more suspension articulation. On other machines (700 and 1000) of the shock setups currently offered by 814utv/Viking provide more lift. Then yes a limiting strap is needed to not put excessive stress in the cv during articulation and the shock bottoming out.

I’m not a s*** hot suspension guru and may need more education on this subject and the effects of different set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!