BOX1

P1000 Another stinking snorkel mod!

T

Trapper5885

Jul 4, 2017
North Idaho
Ya, I know... another one! But the thing is this one only cost me $12.85. Went to my favorite store, North 40, and got all the products I needed. A 3" schedule 40, 90 and a 2' section of heavy duty suction hoses for $2.69 ft. Threw it together real fast and everything fits under neath the hood of my Pioneer 3k.
C9f53241507e3451008e956a56c6a4f7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Ya, I know... another one! But the thing is this one only cost me $12.85. Went to my favorite store, North 40, and got all the products I needed. A 3" schedule 40, 90 and a 2' section of heavy duty suction hoses for $2.69 ft. Threw it together real fast and everything fits under neath the hood of my Pioneer 3k. View attachment 52051

Great idea.. I'll caution you though in the reduction of the intake. Between the 90* elbow and the 2" pipe.. you're losing airflow which= hp!

Reactions: sharp
T

Trapper5885

Jul 4, 2017
North Idaho
Great idea.. I'll caution you though in the reduction of the intake. Between the 90* elbow and the 2" pipe.. you're losing airflow which= hp!

The hose I purchased is 3" ID and 3 3/8" OD ,so I was able to stick the prefilter I think it's called in the end of the hose. Hopefully I'm not restricting any air flow .
Oh came up with another idea bout heat thru dash,last weekend . Have a piece of Tpo membrane roofing , cut it to size and slipped it in behind frame , I'm take pics and post it , virtually stopped all air flow and heat that use to melt me .

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

The hose I purchased is 3" ID and 3 3/8" OD ,so I was able to stick the prefilter I think it's called in the end of the hose. Hopefully I'm not restricting any air flow .
Oh came up with another idea bout heat thru dash,last weekend . Have a piece of Tpo membrane roofing , cut it to size and slipped it in behind frame , I'm take pics and post it , virtually stopped all air flow and heat that use to melt me .
Got ya.. I read that wrong. You bought 2' of hose not 2" hose!! I'm with ya now... yeah you should be good!

T

Trapper5885

Jul 4, 2017
North Idaho
Ya, I know... another one! But the thing is this one only cost me $12.85. Went to my favorite store, North 40, and got all the products I needed. A 3" schedule 40, 90 and a 2' section of heavy duty suction hoses for $2.69 ft. Threw it together real fast and everything fits under neath the hood of my Pioneer 3k. View attachment 52051

788f71abdd6fb89ee6c594fa9799d9c3

2461d212c6b06bc836e5ed5712ef2ccd

84b2fdea53f058a73ee756d0dc63a1b8

Photos of the tpo roofing membrane aren't real clear , it is white on one side and grey on the other. So I zip tied to frame in multiple areas. Made a HUGE difference no heat at all coming e dash openings.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T

Trapper5885

Jul 4, 2017
North Idaho
Looks like a similar concept to the 2017 deflector

Wait , dont tell me hondas finally coming out with a fix !!!
On some thing !!
My fix is not real attractive , but it's effective ,

That's alright JTW. I worded that a little screwy

J

JTW

Wait , dont tell me hondas finally coming out with a fix !!!
On some thing !!
My fix is not real attractive , but it's effective ,

That's alright JTW. I worded that a little screwy

Lol.. don't make no matter if'n we pick up your point

R

Rodney960

Mar 11, 2017
South
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wouldn't this style of snorkel be the same as the new air box you can buy for $25 from Honda? It's still sucking from the same direction and height.

Reactions: ToddACimer
J

JTW

Wouldn't this style of snorkel be the same as the new air box you can buy for $25 from Honda? It's still sucking from the same direction and height.
Pretty much.. however if you do one yourself you have the option of adding a prefilter.

Same concept only mine is thru the hood..IMG 1743

Reactions: Rodney960
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!