P1000 Rear light mod didn't work

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Bought the SXS Plug-n-play Dual Auto Backup Lights and Work light Trigger for Auto Backup Light Kit. Installed and nothing. Don't work in reverse or on the switch.

Maybe I zip-tied the wires too tight. Really don't want to pull the aluminum skid plate off again. Suggestions?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Be glad to help.
Sorry your having a issue.

Assume up front you hooked the red and green up to positive and ground?

I'll send you some more info in a about 15 minuets when I get to my desk.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hi.
Be glad to help.
Sorry your having a issue.

Assume up front you hooked the red and green up to positive and ground?

I'll send you some more info in a about 15 minuets when I get to my desk.

Connected the red and green to the OEM add-on fuse panel using SXS pigtail. Also added the AUX & Key-on Rocker Switch, DPDT, ON/OFF/ON. Maybe the accessory fuse panel isn't working.

• Sad
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The AUX/Key-On switch lights but the Work Light Trigger switch doesn't
Sent you a private message.

We need to get the switch LIT before we can continue any further. It will only be lit when all the way UP or DOWN. and off when in the middle.
One thing I forgot to mention is to make sure the switch is connected in the right orientation to the housing block.

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

We need to get the switch LIT before we can continue any further. It will only be lit when all the way UP or DOWN. and off when in the middle.
One thing I forgot to mention is to make sure the switch is connected in the right orientation to the housing block.
Thanks for the help. This, along with the PM, should get me started. I'm 95% sure I screwed up somewhere. May be a few days before I can check it out.

A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

Been checking around with the meter and I seem to be having trouble with the fuse box.
Trying to connect the red and green wires from the work light switch to the fuse box SW1 port using a SXS Pigtail.
  • The trigger wire has power and I can hear the replay activate.
  • The SW1, 2 & 3 ports show a ground connection but no power.
  • The wiring kit switch blocks show power and the wiring kit spade connectors (A1) show ground and power.
  • If the SW 1,2&3 are always on shouldn't they always have power and the AUX 1,2,3 and 4 need switches to activate and show power?
  • What are the wiring kit spade connectors for (A1)? Should they be connected to something?

advertisement
A

aucivil

Jul 23, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
The SW ports need switches installed in the respective switch housing to function.
The AUX ports are on with key-on or when the trigger wire is powered.

BINGO

I assumed the 4 identical ports were switched and the others were constant (need to slow down and read more). Got to be a special kind of stupid not to pick up on the SW nomenclature.

Works like a charm and the Aux/Key-On switch is a must have. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!