russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Some time back I got into a discussion with someone (I can't remember who) regarding winch capacity for the 1000-3. I went with the Viper 6000# winch and he said it was "too big." Well, experience has proven otherwise. On a single line straight pull it took everything that winch had to pull my buggy up a steep sandy incline when exiting the Alapaha River last week. I don't think a smaller capacity winch could have done it without double blocking it.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I don't think there is a "too big," (my own personal opinion).

There is...sufficient, plenty, "I can fight a tug boat with this," and "oops....I cheaped out and bought the little one and now I'm screwed." A 4500 lb winch is sufficient and a 6k is plenty for the Pio 1k. You made a good choice.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I agree there isn’t a “too big” option. Maybe an “overkill” option. But never too big.

Tee’ing this one up for the NTC Crew 😜

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
🤔.....you say this now, but that whole #nolardasses movement says otherwise 😂😂😂
Well played J to the E 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

#nolardasses

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Looks cool, that place got enough trails to make it worth a weekend trip?

There aren't any trails. The riverbed is the trail. You can usually ride about 12 - 15 miles until you hit a water barrier. Probably 4-5 miles upstream from the bridge and 8-10 miles downstream. That's the way it was the first time I rode it a couple weeks ago. The second time was right after the last hurricane / tropical storm blew through here (last Friday) which caused the river to start flowing a little. It's a pretty neat ride, just slow. I never hit anything higher than 3rd gear on the first ride. Best part of the second ride was the trip from Dowling Park to the River through the woods. About 30 miles one way, had to hit the pavement in a couple places.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There aren't any trails. The riverbed is the trail. You can usually ride about 12 - 15 miles until you hit a water barrier. Probably 4-5 miles upstream from the bridge and 8-10 miles downstream. That's the way it was the first time I rode it a couple weeks ago. The second time was right after the last hurricane / tropical storm blew through here (last Friday) which caused the river to start flowing a little. It's a pretty neat ride, just slow. I never hit anything higher than 3rd gear on the first ride. Best part of the second ride was the trip from Dowling Park to the River through the woods. About 30 miles one way, had to hit the pavement in a couple places.
Gotcha, I haven't got my tag yet so pavement might be an issue. Just asking cause I've been wanting to get back up to that area and ride some more. Last time we rode with Brett it was fun, too hot though. Figured this time of year the forest/tails would be more comfortable then middle of August😂

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Gotcha, I haven't got my tag yet so pavement might be an issue. Just asking cause I've been wanting to get back up to that area and ride some more. Last time we rode with Brett it was fun, too hot though. Figured this time of year the forest/tails would be more comfortable then middle of August😂
Yes, much nicer weather now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!