P1000 Any suggestions for a bus bar?

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After adding some lights and accessories, the battery is getting to be a mess. I'd like to add a simple Pos/Neg bus bar to for the accessories, then connect the bus with a to the battery with a 6 or 8 g wire. I was looking at this on Amazon. If someone had other suggestions, please let me know.

Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After adding some lights and accessories, the battery is getting to be a mess. I'd like to add a simple Pos/Neg bus bar to for the accessories, then connect the bus with a to the battery with a 6 or 8 g wire. I was looking at this on Amazon. If someone had other suggestions, please let me know.

I installed a fuse panel, makes chasing down wiring issues easy.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well that's just too good of an idea.
It really complicates things now, lets see 6 accessories, 12, 36 fuses? :rolleyes:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well that's just too good of an idea.
It really complicates things now, lets see 6 accessories, 12, 36 fuses? :rolleyes:

HA! 6 fuses.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For power distribution from battery to a bunch of small to medium stuff (say 1 amp to about 25 or so), a fuse block is a good approach. Most will provide for a heavy conductor input for both positive and negative, then individual fused terminal for positive and as well as terminal strip for negative.

On Amazon or elsewhere, search <fuse block>. Any unfused wiring from the battery wants to be relatively short and very well protected, as if it comes in contact with ground, (think in an accident etc.) bad things like fire and welding will happen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!