Any UTV Recycle yards in Reno Nv or Sacramento Ca

D

DesertRatFamily

Oct 3, 2018
Desert Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
First off, I'd like to thank the folks that post all the info on Honda's on this site, you saved my bacon and my wallet many times since 2018. My name is Bob and I live very close to Virginia City Nv and I only need to drive 1/2 mile from my house to the off road trails, mining district, Pony Express trail etc. Couple of questions, any members from Stagecoach or Dayton Nv ? I have a Yamaha Viking, Honda Pioneer P1000-5 and will get a 4 seat Honda Talon live shock . I'm in the process of getting the Talon with only 98 miles on it. The first owner never had any off road vehicles before. He loaded his wife, best friend and his wife into the Talon and decided that he was going to impress them. The poor guy put the Talon in Launch Mode and was making a moon shot I guess. This was in his driveway a little close to his pickup truck. He side swiped the rear bumper of the truck at which time he tore off the drivers mirror - slight damage to the drivers door plastics - removed and totaled the rear door plastics. This was enough to end his career of UTV adventures. Based on what happened, a family decision was made and he would be riding solo in the future. I was able to score a very good deal on this machine, almost like a barn find.
My questions are, I'm going to need the door skins for the drivers side. Any Re-Cycle yards in the Reno or Sacramento areas ? Maybe back east some where ? I priced out the door skins and they run about 260 each plus the tax. I'm not rich, just lucky on this deal. Doe's any paint or like bed liner material stick on the Honda plastics ? Any members live in the Stagecoach, Dayton NV area ? Many thanks in advance

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First off, I'd like to thank the folks that post all the info on Honda's on this site, you saved my bacon and my wallet many times since 2018. My name is Bob and I live very close to Virginia City Nv and I only need to drive 1/2 mile from my house to the off road trails, mining district, Pony Express trail etc. Couple of questions, any members from Stagecoach or Dayton Nv ? I have a Yamaha Viking, Honda Pioneer P1000-5 and will get a 4 seat Honda Talon live shock . I'm in the process of getting the Talon with only 98 miles on it. The first owner never had any off road vehicles before. He loaded his wife, best friend and his wife into the Talon and decided that he was going to impress them. The poor guy put the Talon in Launch Mode and was making a moon shot I guess. This was in his driveway a little close to his pickup truck. He side swiped the rear bumper of the truck at which time he tore off the drivers mirror - slight damage to the drivers door plastics - removed and totaled the rear door plastics. This was enough to end his career of UTV adventures. Based on what happened, a family decision was made and he would be riding solo in the future. I was able to score a very good deal on this machine, almost like a barn find.
My questions are, I'm going to need the door skins for the drivers side. Any Re-Cycle yards in the Reno or Sacramento areas ? Maybe back east some where ? I priced out the door skins and they run about 260 each plus the tax. I'm not rich, just lucky on this deal. Doe's any paint or like bed liner material stick on the Honda plastics ? Any members live in the Stagecoach, Dayton NV area ? Many thanks in advance
If u have to buy new, check out prices on this site.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I don't know of any Re-cycle yards for UTV parts. I have a friend that moved from Dayton to Stagecoach. He just bought 5 acres that butts up to BLM land. Going to go visit him soon (hopefully in Oct.) He said we could ride to Virginia City from his back yard. Going to go check it out. He also said we could drive into town at VC. Might have to stop off at the Bucket of Blood Saloon. :)

D

DesertRatFamily

Oct 3, 2018
Desert Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Great location. We ride up to VC often, Reno and Fallon Naval Air Station. You can also go over the Mountain and hit Yerington, Gardnerville and Minden. I also live in Stagecoach. There is someone that built a motocross track up in the Hills that is great. Email me and if your friend does not know the area well, we can show you some great rides. My buddy also has a p-1000 deluxe. Bring a gun, plenty of wolves, bears and coyote's. We got chased by a hungry wolf the only time we did not take a weapon. Driving one night I almost ran into a sleeping bear on the trail. Where do you live ?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great location. We ride up to VC often, Reno and Fallon Naval Air Station. You can also go over the Mountain and hit Yerington, Gardnerville and Minden. I also live in Stagecoach. There is someone that built a motocross track up in the Hills that is great. Email me and if your friend does not know the area well, we can show you some great rides. My buddy also has a p-1000 deluxe. Bring a gun, plenty of wolves, bears and coyote's. We got chased by a hungry wolf the only time we did not take a weapon. Driving one night I almost ran into a sleeping bear on the trail. Where do you live ?
Trail sleeping bears and hungry wolf chases.... now that sounds like some adrenaline inducing riding.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!