anybody run a CB radio?

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had one in all my trucks since I turned 16. I was a truck driver for several years so I know a lot of local guys that drive truck and talk to them when we meet on the road. also the farm I help at has them in all the trucks and tractors. I decided to put one in my 700 and have a couple friends that are going to do the same with theirs. it'll be nice while trail riding to be able to talk to each other. The antenna pictured is 3' tall, my 2' one should be delivered tomorrow.
e601addf236699a87f36cbbb82255405.jpg

f58d009a681d2e8abf0a46ad8b7e6588.jpg

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Most are doing handhelds.. there are a couple threads on them.
That's a big 10-4 on the handhelds...
There's so many different models of those out there but nothing under $100 seems to be anything I'm interested in.
The small cheap units ($50 and under) all seem to have the "roger beep" feature that can't be turned off or they have a "call alert" that can be accidentally pressed and they're annoying SOBs.

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought about those a few months ago. I can see a few instances where they would be handy but I don't think it's what I want for trail riding. Too many buttons and menus, etc.
A CB is mostly idiot proof and not lost in the mud since it's mounted solid.
The radio you have would be nice for hunting (I think) - I'd leave my phone in the truck so I could keep my gloves on when it's cold instead of texting everyone when they ask "are you seeing anything?" LOL

J

JTW

I originally had the same thoughts as you.. but I sheeped and went with the crowd in the hopes they have a better understanding than me of what I want and need in a radio.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!