P1000 anyone have a Compass

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for information on a compass that works for a UTV. I have had 3 or 4 and none lasted over a few months. I know I need to step up and buy a quality compass, but which one will last and hold up the severe use?

Reactions: sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Some off-road company. Smittybilt has one but it has inclinometers as well. On the plus side, it has Jeep pics on it...

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and JTW
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You mean NSEW kinda compass? So I have to ask what for? And secondly.. I would think you should look at West Marine or some other boating supplier for a decent durable unit.
Are you serious? Yes compass for direction hard mounted in my SXS

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3740

J

JTW

Are you serious? Yes compass for direction hard mounted in my SXS
You can’t tell what direction you’re going without it? I guess I’m just not following why it's necessary to have it hard mounted in the sxs. GPS ok... map and a hand held compass, mehh alright... but just a mounted compass doesn’t do a lot of good On a trail. You can’t exactly do orienting on a sxs in this part of the country. So i’m kinda at a loss as to the purpose. It’s not like a body of water where there’s no navigational reference or trails.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can’t tell what direction you’re going without it? I guess I’m just not following why it's necessary to have it hard mounted in the sxs. GPS ok... map and a hand held compass, mehh alright... but just a mounted compass doesn’t do a lot of good On a trail. You can’t exactly do orienting on a sxs in this part of the country. So i’m kinda at a loss as to the purpose. It’s not like a body of water where there’s no navigational reference or trails.

Unless you have used and tested a compass, I have no use for your info second guessing why I need a compass or debating why I need one.

Reactions: Rocket
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I completely get it. I have 3, app on phone, gps and hand held. I use them trying to navigate maps a lot.

Reactions: JTW and ofrcboy
advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have you used this compass in a SXS? Looking for people that have used, tested and had good results
Not SXS, but on ski boat and it gets pounded....Its my cousins boat not mine and It was on the boat when he bought it... I use a phone app for myself to check hunting winds...The compass looks very good yet and doesn't appear to have faded from son...

J

JTW

Unless you have used and tested a compass, I have no use for your info second guessing why I need a compass or debating why I need one.
Don’t be a f***ing prick... I wasn’t debating I was genuinely asking why?

Reactions: Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TL/DR
I have a compass. Been a decent Jeep, wouldn’t buy another though.

Reactions: Plumber32
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not SXS, but on ski boat and it gets pounded....Its my cousins boat not mine and It was on the boat when he bought it... I use a phone app for myself to check hunting winds...The compass looks very good yet and doesn't appear to have faded from son...
Thanks, will check it out

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don’t be a f***ing prick... I wasn’t debating I was genuinely asking why?[/QUOT

Do you eat with your foul name calling mouth. You are blocked from my conversations unless in person eye to eye. LOL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!